Forums > Social Chat > Hayzeus the miracle christmas kitten.

Login/Join to Participate

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
So yesterday on christmas eve we heard frantic meowing outside our door, my dad opened the door and a tiny freezing kitten dashed in. It was glad to see us and was purring wildly as we fed it and give it some water to drink. When our dog saw it our dog barked and growled at it and the kitten hissed and howled back at the dog. After the dog saw us handling it and being nice to it it figured out it was our friend and the dog tried to make up, although the kitten still is scared of the dog and holds a bit of a grudge.

No one has claimed it and we called our only neighbours who are reasonably close enough for it to have walked from, it's way to friendly and sociable to have ran away from home so I figure it was abandoned on the roadside left to die. It would have frozen to death if it didn't find our house.

I named it Hayzeus (spanish pronounciation of jesus) because of it's miracolous arrival on christmas (well the day before)

And heres some pictures.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

PS-We are definatlly keeping it, even though my 20 pound (all muscle) giant cat is afraid of it and my other tiny cat is completly enraged with us (hisses at us everytime it see's us) for introducing another cat (took it like 6 months to adapt to the first cat)

Hopefully she doesn't ambush the kitten in it's sleep and bite it's throat out.

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP little kitty! ubblove It's always nice to give an animal a loving home, I hope it'll get along well with the other cats. Merry X-mas to you and Hayzeus, the miracle christmas kitten who brought peace in the heart of men...

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
I'm glad the little kitty's doing well. Merry Christmas to you and all your little fuzzy friends! ^_^ You shouldn't have posted pics, Astar....now I have an unrisistable urge to come and take it home with me... biggrin

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
ubblove that is one of the cutest kitten's i've seen.

I like the name, very apt for the occasion smile

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh my! How keeeeeUte!

ubblove ubblove ubblove ubbtickled ubblove ubblove ubblove

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hey i think that's my kitty! it could have walked all the way from vegas, don't you think???

ubblol

**sniff sniff** i want a kitty frown

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
AWwwwwww......that is a lovely story..... hug hug hugfor kitty and its mighty rescuers..!

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
I think you are an absolute *legend* for keeping the kitty hug

There's wayyyyyyyyyyy too many ppl just chucking their animals out and leaving them to die extra inhumanely...

Your piccy's made my heart go all melted ubblove - much love and warmth to your new kitty from sunny oz. (Which just happens to be sticky and stormy at present)

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Don't get me started on this. A friend of mine works as a vet nurse for a shelter near cambridge, and her stories make blood boil! ubbcrying

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
your kitty looks very much like my kitty! only smaller. my cat is pablo - much like j.lo - he's even working on some dance moves.

congrats on your new family member. nice way to start the year.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

GiGi-D L'Amourmember
19 posts

Posted:
so have to ask are you going with the phonetic spelling of Jesus (Hayzeus) or is it actually Jesus with the spanish pronuciation?
Sorry silly question but its a common name here so had to wonder.
Sweet cat lucky to find you all.... as far as the other cat you can do what one friend did dumped tuna juice all over the kitten and locked them both in the bath room... after an hour she had a clean kitten a happy older cat and two buddies for life LOL

GiGi-D L'Amour
If you can't be normal make everyone else wish they weren't

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
cute bottom picture. Not a bad looking kitten in it too wink

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
phonetic spelling.

In the bottom picture I was holding it by the scruff of it's neck, and used red eye flash (what a wonderful thing it is)

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
pretty kitty. Looks like my old cat misty when she was a kitten.

hug for a little christmas miracle

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hopefully another will show up. Looks somewhat aerodynamic to me! weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
Bad Patrick!!!! spank spank ubblol

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
eek naughty Patrick! I hope you never have any kittens walking up to your door... ubblol

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Aww it is a very kute kitten smile

I got to go home for Christmas and see all my animals...
*cough cough...9 cats, 1 dog...cough cough* ubblol

If I ever get to live in a place that I can have animals and be able to afford it, then I was gonna bring my kitty Salem and one of the other cats Missy to live with me ubbrollsmile

Damn I want my kitties! frown

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.