Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, we survived the last one. Some of my body hair has grown back, and Geoffrey should be out of hospital by January... so why not do it all over again? Lyndon would have wanted us to... and I think Isobel is still in the park somewhere anyway...

For those of you who weren't at the last firey fandango, I shall be throwing wide the doors of my (borrowed) Sevenoaks home, and inviting anyone and everyone to come and spend the weekend. There will be lots of paraffin, lots of spinners, lots of all sorts of things in fact. Including baked products. Y'all are welcome to come for as long or as short a time as you feel like - stay for a week or just pop in for a spin over the weekend. It's easy to get to and there's plenty of bed space. Or floor space, unless they bring even more lap-tops than last time...

For more details and some critics' reviews see 'Kent 28th - 30th Nov', but bear in mind that this one is going to be a whole lot better. There will be:
weavesmileyMore bed space! (well, at least one extra bed)
weavesmileyMore Michal Kahn! (author of 'Poispinning', mentor, and all round poi goddess)
weavesmileyMore baked products! (going to start baking any day now... fill up the attic)
weavesmileyMore weird stuff going on in the garage! (see 'Pounce... parental discretion is advised)
weavesmileyMore working computers! (It's fixed it's fixed at last at last!)
weavesmileyMore cute poi boys!
weavesmileyMore foxy poi chicks!

So write it in your diaries, tingle with excitement, stock up on paraffin and get ready to set the town on fire! (note to Big Brother: this is a metaphor)

See you in January... ubbloco

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what? you mean you actually are coming and it's not a joke? So there really is a HoP jelly wrestling orgy? biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol

only if you makes all the jelly flid wink honest. i'll jelly wrestle mand (if she's up for defending her title ubblol )

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
right, that's it then, i'll stop at the supermarket on the way down and we'll make jelly on saturday morning. Any flavour preference?

*panicks* Oh no! I've run out of self raising flour and i've only baked one cake so far! eek ubbcrying

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
can we have lemon flavor?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sure, lemon it is then. Just found some vegegel stuff in my cupboard, so if i buy some lemon squash on the way down and i can use one of joe's saucepans, we'll have jelly wink

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol

you realize you're gonna have to make a whole heck of a lot of it in order for us to properly wrestle!!

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what about just jelly arm wrestling?
anyone got a paddling pool? ubbidea

what consistancy does it need to be? I only have enough to set 3 pints solid ubbcrying

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
what's the funny in jelly arm wrestling tho??

ubblol

**giggles**

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
the funny bone? ubbtickled

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

<----can't stop laughing

very clever flid. very clever.

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Well, here we are then. At the airport, typing on one of these [censored] keyboards, waiting for Pounce. We have a rather large sign, too little patience, and fourteen minutes to wait until Pounce's plane lands. Tee hee.

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Please pass on some Bammy love Princess hug

Bams
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
weeee, i'm leaving too now...... (when i get dressed and pack anyway) biggrin

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Hugs n stuff to Pounce.

We'll be leaving brighton soonish (in about an hour).

CAN'T WAIT to meet y'all.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
we areheading on down soon as well...

wave

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
and me! ubbrollsmile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!! still can't believe it. i haven't stopped smiling and laughing since i arrived. can't wait to see all the rest of you when you arrive!

**giggles**

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i fancy polythene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ubblove ubblove ubblove

passing through, this world still lives.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Where are the pictures? come on people!!! biggrin biggrin

Can't wait to get back tomorrow afternoon bringing Davin me! biggrin

Oh yes and all the rumours about me are not true ubbangel

But the rumours about Mech and Frodo are completely true! We have photographic evidence. biggrin ubblol

hug

ubblove
EDITED_BY: Pink...? (1073774192)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
<--thinks Frodo is trying to cover up his failed attempts to chat up Pink. ubbidea

(....plus Polythene already has a boyfriend)

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I'm back at home now frown

hug -for everybody that's still there. Do lots more weavesmiley for the videos (since I've seen just how little of the footage is actually spinning related rolleyes)

Joe- fantastic host, A+++++ beerchug

So when's the next one? biggrin

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
The footage is great though. Does rolling pounce around count as spinning? She was sort of spun.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
there is only joe, mand, and myself left, and we are all quite beat. i don't think any more spinning will occur this weekend, but you never know.

smit and his friends came back for a short bit but then left again. they were quite amusing in trying to make a decision on what to do.

can't wait to see all the videos myself...i definately need a copy. especially of the jelly wrestling! ubblol

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Amazing weekend biggrin

Joe you are an amazing host!

I think it is safe to say the word of the weekend was "thwap" ubblol

Oh and the Jelly Wrestling was brilliant to watch - lots of mess and fun biggrin

Generally an awsome weekend hug to everyone
ubbangel
ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Joe you're an absolute legend, this weekend was so much fun, really enjoyed myself. biggrin

I've just this minute got in, and one of the first things i said to my housemates in the lounge was "right, serious proposition, who wants to see video footage shot this afternoon of women in bathing costumes wrestling in a pool of jelly". After their program finishes it and i have the pleasure of watching it in glorious widescreen, i'll see if i can compress and upload it tonight smile

I'll make a proper video of the rest when i get a chance tongue

Thwap!

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
I am home too, after what has been an amazing couple of days. So much fun!

Still aching all over from the sports hall antics yesterday, and legs covered in bruises from the jelly wrestling... which I still can't believe we did.. eek eek eek

Brain is too tired to think of anything else to say right now, obviously thanks to joe for being the amazing host that he is, and to everyone just for being fantastic and making it such a great weekend... ubblove yes, even the random townies on the saturday night. ubblol

Love to all, eleanor XXXXX ubblove ubblove ubblove

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Am home, sorta, and havent died on the way back.... this was a great achivement on my part... rolleyes

excellent, as i knew it would be! thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the fun and games, i look forward to seeing you all next time.... still havent slept, bad thing i know, but i am still slighty worried that "mech" might just be round that corner ready and waiting... argh confused confused

Joe ur a legend, and i only wish i could have helped more, really though ur a top man and u deserve a well earned rest!! i have been sorting the pictures for upload and will hopefully sort that out tonight, although i have a lady here that needs sorting!! so things might not be done as quick as i hoped! beerchug

jelly, i am going to import some great vegi stuff for the next event!! wow!!

frodo out! cool

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
well im still totally pissed off that i couldnt make it..but reading all the various posts has been VERY amuzing!!

joe may i suggest that you arrange another in march/april time when Gnor will be over our way?!!!..it also seems enought time for you guys to recover from this one wink

biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
theres already plans for another in feb!! and provisonal dates too!!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
And another Get Pounce to Kent fund too for that party????????

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: ...