Forums > Social Chat > Valentine .... Are you in love ?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
It is soon to be Valentine ... actually .. for all the shops around here, it's been valentine ever since it was no longer Xmas winkI don't know what to think about valentine cause it's never been that good a day to me (pathetic love stories wink)but most of all because of its commercial aspect which I do not like too much !that being said I love the idea of celebrating love .. only I want (and try .... dunno if I succeed wink ) to make everyday a Valentine's day... (yeah ... I know these kind of sentences sound so cheesy ... but remember I *am* from the country of cheese wink )that just got me wondering if you people are in love and happy ? I know personal details are NONE of my business, it is rather just a general question... maybe all I meant was to take the time and ask the simple question :How are you ? smileShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pere, there is a French song with a line that makes me think of myself a lot :"Fuire le bonheur de peur qu'il ne se sauve"= run away from happiness by fear of losing it... sometimes it is nice to take risks too and try available guys winkAnd Dom, I am totally with you about honesty. those who ran away from me because of honesty issues ... all I can say now is : it's THEIR loss, not mine... So Raymund, please consider it is HER loss smileCass

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Valentines, Christmass, Halloween, they have all been reduced to a marketing gimic for companies to try to sell thigs to people using guilt as their main pry-bar. Somehow if you don't buy _____ you are a bad person (or that's how they would like you to see it).I do believe that the spirit behind these occations are worthy (except maybe Halloween, not sure on it's history) and that gifts/attention/whatever else is expected, if given in the proper spirit, can be beautiful. Buying to fullfil your social obligation to the merchandisers is meaningless thoug, and it seems (to me at least) that it is this mindframe that is taking over frownIf you are in love, no one should be able to tell you when your special day is. If you're generous, no one should be able to tell you when to give. Well, that's my take.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
but where the heck are they?!note that all the firetwirling guys i know currently aren't single. smile and you know i dont meet a heck of a lotof guys in bellydance class...maybe i should just muscle in on some of the non-single ones, but that would be evil. > smilepere

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pere, i don't know where they are ... I noticed that as soon as you start looking for them they hide behind trees or something.My advice : walk around in a tree-less place and whistle and pretend your not looking for one and when one goes by grab him and tie him and do him a little hypnotising belly dance before he can even say "Bonjiorno Principessa" (La vita e bella ... what a great movie !!!)Cass

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Il mio piccolo orso, la parola è "buon giorno".. per favore! (Quei Francesi Pazzeschi!).

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
I have never really been in love, i guess im strange like that. I havent really got into it, you know? Well, I can always have hope...------------------Every day for world domination

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I seem to have a sort of Valentines day curse. I have only had one relationship that has survived the wreched day. Other than that I usually lose them (or vice versa) with in a week before then. I don't seem to be the only one either. I noticed that a lot of relationships have been ending suddenly in the last week or so. I couldn't firgure it out untill someone mentioned something off hand about what they were going to do for their boyfriend on the evil day. Then it all made sense.The one reltionship that did survive it was one of those "true love" deals, that you swear will last forever and turns out to be total BS. On the plus side I did pin down the diffirence between love and lust. I also made a pact with myself that I will never stress out over a girl ever again, and I don't know if I've ever been happier. But at the moment I'm not shure if I even believe in love....... Yeah, it doesn't exist winkSo I don't celebrate, condone, or even really acknowledge the day. It's only redeeming value is those little Necco candy conversation hearts. Those things kick ass! But I feel bad every time I but them, so I try to pretend that it's a different month or something and the factories, card companies, and retailers all screwed up.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
I hope and pray that the woman I'm dreaming of is out there somewhere, because all the girls I've met fall pitifully short. Not to say that girls suck or anything, just that I need a real humdinger if I'm going to fall in love.I like my Valentine a lot, tho. I'm happy for now.Noah

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Love is real, SickPuppy, it's just not quite the fluffly fairy pillow the movies make it out to be.I first went out with my Fiance 8 years ago, and broke it off not because I wanted to but because there was no way at the time for it to work out with her Muslim family and my nonMuslim white skin.doing everything you can to stay with your partner or stop them leaving isn't love, that's need, and tends to be where a lot of relationship troubles happen.If you feel like doing what right for them, regardless of how it affects you, then that is what I can real love.oops, sorry if i got a bit preachy...But I'm like that at the moment...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Not preachy. Heartfelt. I am trying to find words to express what I am going through at the moment, without much success. But it comes down to what you said. If you have to try that hard to make things work, it must mean it is not working... ;(Sorry to depress, I think I need to take a break from this love bollocks for a bit. wink Anyone got any jokes? R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
cass - working on that cream, but t is pretty tough to lose! In regards to how it "works" I don't think there is a standard method, but the following is a story on what I did one year.... **dream sequence begins**There was a girl I liked in high school that moved away just before our final year. I never told her that I liked her, and that is the only regret I have of my whole life. She left a few weeks before valentines day so I sent her a card and made this poem for her:If I had 3 wishes,I'd wish you were hereI'd wish you came backI'd wish you were nearBut they won't come trueThese wishes of mineSo please accept thisAnd be my Valentine. smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

4,224 posts

Posted:
Charles, I am very moved by your story.I have been in a quite similar situation in the past but it did not work out.For a while I've put the blame on distance / religion issues bla bla bla ... but I found out that it was just not the right person and I know that when you love you can move mountains for the person you love. And I totally agree with the fact that wanting the otehr's happiness and respecting him / her is what i call love too...One thing though : there is a difference between forcing things and giving up too easily. I also dislike people giving up on someone just because it is not "convenient"...Bendy, lovely poem... smileNYC, sorry sweetie, you know I don't speak the spaghetti language so well... winkshine on cassandra

LiL MiSS SiNmember
5 posts

Posted:
To all those that have em enjoy and safe travels in all that you do on this day.... To those that do not, join with me in prayer and hope for it someday.... Oh well! Time will only tell for us.... Maybe those of us that dont can all be EACH others V day <3???? Muahs and Spins... grin------------------Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Oh I am in love with about 3 different woman at the moment....I am faithful to just one....but these others keep catching my eye....I say bring back harems...or poligamy...Perhaps I just love too much??------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
but wait! if i go where there are no trees, (which is bascally nowhere around here) dont they hide under rocks and toadstools? and what will I tie them to if there are no trees? smilestill a mystery...Pere

4,224 posts

Posted:
well... that is an excellent question, Pere...let me think ...you could glue them to the ground instead ... how's that ?they hide under rocks ??? wow... that might explain why it took me so long to find a boyfriend.. I was only paying attention to the trees winkshine onCassandra

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I never cheated on her, I never did her wrong while we were together, but what my past consisted of is for me and me alone. No offence but it is none of your business what I did. winkI still care more for her than any other person out there, but I know that we will never have another chance.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

4,224 posts

Posted:
hey, Raymond, i really think you are more than right... it is none of my business !!!I did not mean to intrude, sorry if it sounded like that smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have to disagree with the sometimes if you are working too hard, it just isn't working out thing. With PWB in fact. We have had some ****really**** hard times, from my perspective. And there have been many times when I simply thought it would not work out and that leaving might be best, but I am a total glutton for punishment and I stayed, and we worked. We worked very hard for years. Sometimes we took time away from each other. And sometimes we spent hours trying to figure things out. In the end, it was worth it. I agree there are times when you need to just give up the ghost. I loved my ex-boyfriends as well, a couple of them very much. But I was naive when I realized all I had was love for a one, and that my love for the others wasn't growing and we weren't elvolving together. Nicci said "Let their be seperation in your togetherness, for two trees which stand close but apart do not struggle to find light. They grow seperate but together." I found this in PWB. I really, strongly did not like him at first. Our friendship grew from the ground up and has continued to do so, and we have each grown seperately as well. If you were to ever meet us, you would be amazed at exactly how little we are alike. He is when I realized that finding someone complimented my strengths and weaknesses was more important to me than finding someone like me, or someone I was immediately attracted to, or even liked. That was when I realized he was worth the time and work, and the tears. Where I used to cry tears of pain from angst and frustration, I now cry tears of joy and love. If you find the right person, the work and patience are well worth it. smileI can not imagine my life without him, and my love for him grows stronger everyday.Sorry to get gushy.... blush ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Charles,That whole love doesn't exist crack was a joke from a somewhat bitter SickpupPy. I still love the girl in question very deeply. I want nothing but the best for her (even though she isn't doing anything that is healthy for her). I think of her often and fondly, and I can still recall the way she smelled laying next to me at night. I am quite convinced that I will always love her (even though if I saw her again I might very well spit in her face wink)It was in my weeks and months of the inavoidable post break up introspection that I finally realized the difference between love and lust. I discoverd a lot in that time, not the least of which being that sleeping with your ex's best friend is one of the most vindicating expeiriances a man can partake in after a painful break up (espeacially when her best friend is a very attractive stripper who could suck start a Harley if she was so inclined grin)But I still stand by my statment that the only good thing about Valentines Day is those little Necco candy hearts. All the rest is total crap.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 09 February 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Cassandra no no I didn't mean it in a bad way. I need word things better. I am sorry if I made you feel bad. My intent was not to make anyone uncomfertable, just make clear that I have no intentions of telling the whole world about my personal life.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey, Ray, I know you did not mean it in a bad way I certainly was not offended smile... we don't want to hear about your crazy, kinky sex life anyway winkPele, I very much like that tree metaphore ! And i agree you need to put energy and commitment in a relationship , it is not all pink and easy.... but it can be kept simple if one wants to.shine onCassandra

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
well I got a girl this friday and i love to bits.she is soooooooooo Beutiful.I should show her what i can do with fire ) smileFireboy (has got a sexy young lady)

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
I have a beutiful lovely girl.She lights my world (and not with fire)i Absolutly love herFireboy (has a sexy chick)) smile

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
hmph. last V-day i broke up with my boyfriend. He stood me up (well, he called me on my mobile to say he couldnt make it, he was sick, and in the middle of a packed train i screamed 'WHAT?! YOURE STANDING ME UP?! Fine, thats it! I dont want to see you ever again!'. got lots of stunned looks). got back together with him the next day. were together/broken up/together/broken up for months.and now hes engaged and i dont care. this V-day I'm getting a card delivered at school from my (female) friend, and i'm doing the same for her (at a different school). It should be a laugh, and ive already had the lesbian rumour before and lived it down, so yeah, i cant wait! i hope i get a smutty card!oh, and im sending a card to a friend who's just moved to sydney. we got 'engaged' on sat. night, coz if he's married he gets more youth allowance.i think the *true* meaning of valentines passed me by.

Page: