Forums > Social Chat > Back to school, back to school, to prove to daddy that im not a fool..

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
First day of class was last night. Im going to the Art Institute for Graphic Design.My 1st class, Computer Applications. My God i want to kill myself in that class. Let me ask you a question, Has anyone ever watched paint dry? or watched flies fuck?? Because that is exactly how boring this class is. i cannot beleive they make people take it. Day one.."this is the mouse, you have 2 buttons, an right one and a left one, clicking on the right is called right clicking, clicking 2 times fast is doub...aaaarrrrrggghghhhhi just wanted to slap that damn women inthe head. I actually feel dumber going to that class. Aaaaanyway, i guess i can see it as a GPA padder. Easy "A" on the way.And Cassandra you would be rpoud, i kept my wits to myself and i did not offend anyone, not even the one guy that didnt know how to turn the computer on. You ever watch that episode of Friends where Chandler tries to go without the smart-ass remarks?? Yeah, well if you have, then you know how i feel..But like i said its all gravy baby.Welcome to all the newbies i have not met yet, Hello to all the olbies that didnt think they could go another day without seeing one of my posts... grinAnd to make this Poi related, the other night i spun, and then i stopped and played Playstation, then i was thinking, a Poi video game. Wouldnt that be cool??anyway..later hommie-g-dog biscuit eaterz'Supa

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey Superman,I was just thinking the same thing the other day - a poi computer game...but just like most things, it would be a poor copy of reality, wouldn't it? Spinning real fire is a whole lot more fun...So then I thought there could be a poi robot, a really, really tall one that only did simple moves. It could be a guard at the gates, like the lions of the City of London...what do you think?Sorry to hear that your first day in class was so boring - they always have to start there - you had to start there too...I hope it moves swiftly on for you though...Cheers,C smile

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
Hey,Superman, I'm with you all the way- mine was so boring that at some point I thought I would die of boredom ( I'm sure it's possible). Although it wasn't my first day in new school, but first after the break at my Uni, but still it made me really depressed looking at all those people with panic in their eyes when it turned out the first lecture was cancelled. You could almost hear their thoughts " oh my god, I've got 2 hours of free time- I HAVE TO find something to study, otherwise I'll end up having to talk to other people! NOOO!" . By the way, I study computing and that might explain why some people are totally socially unadapted. But on the other hand the others are quite chilled and easy-going, so that brings in a nice balance.Still boring day, though.

Sol

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey Carrey...that s a good idea. But it would never work. it might be frowned upon by the Mother-Earth-types. All that metal and stuff.But just to be cheesy. A Poi animated series. But done in an Anime/Japanimation format. Like gundam wing or something. That would be cool.I know we all had to start somewhere, but this is 2002. Didnt that "somewhere" start in gradeschool for anyone born after 1975?They wont let me place out of it. its required. Its reccomended, its complete monkey shit on a stick with a gnat stuck to it is what it is.im sorry im just venting. I just think its absurd to make me take a class, that i am paying out the wazoo for, that teaches me what the delete button on my keyboard does.Ok rant mode off. It will be fun in the end. I start my perspective drawing class Fri. Now thats going to be fun.I bet someone has developed Poi into a Martial Art. hmmmm the possibilities..Super'[This message has been edited by Superman (edited 09 January 2002).]

- Mark Twain

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
shocked shocked Do my bleary old eye deceive me? Could it possibly be? Surely not.....*looks intensely shocked*Superman? Is it really you? I thought you gone never to return.I thought we'd scared you off with tales of fire.I for one have missed you.And I bet you don't even remember me.....------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Hey supermanTry teaching that... then you know what I had to go through for about a term.you think learning it is hell.Nuff said

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Are you kidding??? i try not to remember you... grin grinHAhahaI have been a lurker so i have been keeping some tabs. Thney really have been keeping a watchful eye on our internet usage here at work, so i have had to keep it to a minimum.But its good to be read again...Youve given me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...no...wait, it was just gas...hee heeSuper'

- Mark Twain

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
ok, this is where everyone finds out what a twisted crazed fool i am, and how much spare time i had during my summerjob........i learnt poi durng the summer, in the car park at work, with the rest of my team watching (the fools put me in charge of two other blokes). during that time, i spent hour upon hour boring everyone to death, telling them about my idea to become a superhero. a poi wielding superhero. that fought injustice. i even had an outfit idea - all cyber club wear. wherever there was evil, i would be there, fighting for good. wherever there was injustice, there i would be, fighting for justice.u get the idea. i was bored. and the acid didnt help.maybe they could make a game about me. either as a superhero, with special combo moves (like 15 beat BTB weave), or as a bored fool, learning poi in a car park with special moves (such as hitting myself in the balls and laying on the floor writhing in agony).------------------Flame on!

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
wow!im going to art school too..only im not tkaing puters... but its equally disgusting.."ok class today we are going to draw circles"and after i will show you how to draw lines..*TWITCHES*there is first year art collage for ya..bah must go do glass blowing... molten liquid calling my name.. orange fire.. so pretty must go rrahh.. (thats what i say as i my face is pressed to the windows of the glass workshop)

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Superman, bro, sorry I'd missed that thread (yep ! you can kick my french butt !!! wink )i'm proud of you... and yes, I remember that chandler thing. one of my favourites along with the moment when he tries to quit smoking (maybe cause i'd be just as irritable and annoying if I quit...)Super, I missed you on HoP and am happy to see you back here and also, very seriously I have tremendous respect for you to go back to school. You rock smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"