Forums > Social Chat > Where to spin...and not get in any trouble...

Login/Join to Participate

AcquaCowBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Well, here's a decent question...you get really good at spinning and decide to take on the flame...but where do you go playing with kero and be able to spin kero soked wicks w/o getting in any trouble? Accidentally setting things on fire is a bad thing too, so i'm guessing that the wicks have to be kinda dry when you spin them otherwise they throw fireballs everywhere till they are drip-dry. (I can imagine that has to look cool...somone find me pics or videos of wet firepoi...)------------------------------------------Poi with streamers...because face it...glowsticks only look good at night...

Poi with streamers...because face it, glowsticks only look good at night!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
backyarddrivewaypark------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
beach if you canand you should always spin off the extra fuel from your wicks, if you dont have a place where you can go that has no chance of catching on fire, i suggest highly that you use lamp oil.[This message has been edited by pozee (edited 25 October 2001).]

anyone got a light?

AcquaCowBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
I really wish I could spin in my driveway with fire, problem is, my neighborhood is filled with old people who call the police even when I'm just spinning with glowsticks or brightlights saying its..."distracting" i've managed to settle on the Rec Center parking lot across the street from my neighborhood..haven't been thrown out there yet, but I am sure they wouldn't appreciate fire...------------------Poi with streamers...because face it, glowsticks only look good at night!

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498869)

AcquaCowBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
I've just seen people have some pretty interesting experiences with fire... I was watching a performer at a show in Baltimore and one of his wicks flew off across the street and landed in a tree...that was a rather interesting moment...------------------Poi with streamers...because face it, glowsticks only look good at night!

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
AcquaCow, hi. Welcome to the board.A few things on your message.First, learn about fire spinning. It's handling, usage, fuels, etc. There's a lot of info here so use the search function above, under the "new post" button.
quote:
so i'm guessing that the wicks have to be kinda dry when you spin them otherwise they throw fireballs everywhere till they are drip-dry.
This is something that will be answered by having the fire knowledge. I recommend talking to one of the seasoned fire users and looking through the archives.As for location. You can get a permit to do it at home. The neighbors can't do anything really. Especially if you follow the legal codes. They'll just get upset. If all you're doing is glowsticking, then there's really nothing they can do. I'm assuming you're not blaring music at late hours of course. The distracting is not something that should be allowed.We just had a photo shoot and Pele was fire breathing till midnight and there weren't any issues. (except we got really tired.)------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

AcquaCowBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Nah..no blaring music. I've got the minidisk player and clip-on earphones for the music *grin* I really wish I had some pictures of me with my glowsticks recently. I had a few nights where I was spinning with 3 glowsticks on each string (blue, green and yellow) The Trails were just unbelievable when the sticks were fresh... I don't know how many more times I'll be doing multi-stick spins, as wraps get increasingly harder and more tangled when i have a lot of things on the strings...------------------Poi with streamers...because face it, glowsticks only look good at night!