Cloudmember
4 posts

Posted:
Is Xaeda lesson 7 exactly the same as the first one, just above your head rather than in front you.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
yeah... pretty sure it's the same. That's how i do it in any case.

--------------------
"Marge, road signals are suggestions, like pants" - Homer

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I think so too. And, with a little practice you can move straight up from the Rotor (in front) into the Helicopter (above the head).

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Thats how I do it...easy as pie
Then move from helicopter into windmill and from windmill down between your legs coming up on your left hand then into a buzzsaw type move (spinning the stick away from you holding it vertically in front of you) and then down between your legs and into a forward somousault on the ground, roll back up with stci spinning in left hand, straight back up and into helicopter again.

Also, try hitting the staff in the middle when your doing a helicopter to acheive a spining helicopter throw, then catch it and continue...it looks awesome.

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

nother nice one is to squat onna ground going from spinning above you btb and then around the front a couple of inches off the ground and back behind the back, work on keeping the staff as horisontal as possible. Bit like a windmill (pinwheel) but going horisonally around your body.

nway,

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
yeah, thats a good one, then bring the stick back down in front of you as in the first lesson, do a vertical spinning throw, while its in the air stand up and catch it, continue twirling...

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, minero pointed out me that the helecopter throws are best to do backhand. didnt think of it before.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
kind of picking up on an earlier thread here.... if you are trying doubles and contact one staff onto the other in horizonal plane, you can helicopter around only ever holding on to the staff below.... then when happyish with this try throwing one or both when above the head....(but not out of the back of your hand. hehehe)

and a word of warning... never say you will juggle inside wearing a fat suit for three hours... even for big wads of cash i'm not sure if i can walk away from my computer and am approx. 3 stone lighter.....

tchau
Rob

brain replacement...anyone?

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
I dont 'throw' as such, normally I 'hit' it with my hand in the centre of the stick or further out for a faster/slower spin...works.
never got the hang of throwing a spinning stick unless doing a spinning pop (double handed vertical spin behind back, do a spinning throw from behind back, take a few steps back and catch in front of you...like a horizontal pop but spinning...im trying to master a reverse spinning pop (front to back) but its harder to catch when you cant see the stick )