MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I've just started to learn staff twirling, and while my broom handle will do for the moment, I'll need to get a proper fire staff at some point. I would like to know what you all think of the various staffs easily available (on-line shops, or places near Coventry or Portsmouth - I'm too lazy to go much out of my way).Thanks for any helpJ

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
There is the shop on this site, or for a uk based dealer you could try jac juggling atwww.jacjuggling.co.ukI have their fire poi and 5ft fire staff and quite happy with them both.I have had no problems with jac products and also no problems ordering from the shop on this site - the stuff often arrives quicker form New Zealand than it takes to get across the uk!Gruff

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Jephyre, I'm gonna make one or two this holiday.. cheaper.. do you want me to make you one while I'm at it?? E-mail me if you do and we can discuss details..Tomedit: Or I could just phone you tonight.. smile[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 26 March 2002).]

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Tom, that would be great! I'll speak to you tonight about it.J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

carnelian angelmember
31 posts

Posted:
Funny you should start this thread, I was going to start a similar one today...I have always made my own equipment, but have never figured out a way to make a good, balanced collapsible staff...so I started looking around and found one on this site that is constructed by Pure Flame...I checked it out but am curious for more information, i.e. how much wicking is used and whether it is reinforced wood or metal...can anyone answer these for me or put me in touch with these folks?

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Malcolm may be able to give you details about the staff.. you can wait for him to find this thread or e-mail him at info@homeofpoi.com..another site that do good 3 piece staffs is concentrateTom[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 26 March 2002).]

carnelian angelmember
31 posts

Posted:
thanx tom....those staffs on the concentrate site look amazing, even though a little spendy...no worries about breakage due to a missed throw! cool!...has anyone used one of these? how's the weight/balance?[This message has been edited by carnelian angel (edited 26 March 2002).]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
If Malcolm does reply guys, be extra nice to him, he's supposed to be on his Honeymoon at the moment!Not even disembodied text representing someone's virtual persoanlity should be be important enough to interrupt that.But we'll find out...I haven't yet found a breakdown styaff that I've been happy with, although i do admit I'm pretty fussy...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I've twirled with both.I swear by the concentrate.lighter weight + flat handle on pureflame is better than concentrate for palming, but in everything else, the concentrate owns it!!! esp. the firmness - the pureflame one connects by a constricting handle sqeezing the ends in place, allowing lopsided assembly. concentrate 'innercore' look totally professional and are made to order (e.g. 4" wicking + 2" gap + 2" wicking on the ends) the aluminium does not warp as it's aero alum. the ends screw in with many turns so it's firm as. I love my inner core staff to bits ^_^. It's a beast for acrobatics cos it's so perfect for me. For songle staff, I will be submitting my COL3 video with it! having said that I don't have the stamina to use a heavier acrobatics staff for doublestaff work!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always