Forums > Technical Discussion > And they called him the pro..

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flaming Starmember
11 posts

Posted:
I just moved to this new town a my brothers into this train stuff,So i was taking him to a hobby shop down the street. When we walked he went over to the train stuff and looked around.So i went to check out the paint ball guns when i noced a large group of people standing around and diced to take a look. When i walked over to see to my suprize this guy was spinning poi i wached for a little bit (he was trying to the overhead butterfly.) so i pulled out my poi that i keep with me all the time and started to do the windmill some little kid said "hey you can't beat the pro" and i said whos a pro? everyone laughed and said were have you been mars? no i asked him what was his best move? and he said you just saw my do it what i said!? I was trying not to be rude) ok so how long have you been spinning 7 months he said. well ok do you want me to teach you he said YEA RIGHT! like you can teach me im a pro i started spinning and everyone was amazed wow theach me he said! and then i explaned to everyone why their were no pors at any sport it just takes practice and ditirmation. has anyone ever been in the sitiation? if so what did you do?-star

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Battles? Screw battles. Its all about the DUELS! We're talking one on one here, poits awarded everytime you disarm your opponent or manage to wrap one of their legs or something. Who's up for it? You know you want to.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
battles? what has poi come to that people take time to try to ''beat'' another person at spinning? i just dont understand that. i spin for emotional release, for fun, for meditation, and for the spiritual connectinon that i feel withthe fire. arashi, i hear you and agree with all that you said. how else could it be defined but magick? i would hate to be a pro or the best spinner around...and the day i am(like that will happen) will be the day that i stop spinning. i always thought that if i knew some trick that another person didnt...than it was my resposibility as a spinner to do the best i can to teach that person everything i can. after all..if no one taught anyone anything they knew...then how many of us would still be fighting tooth and nail to get the overhead butterfly...or even the weave down? the best compliment i can recieve as a spinner is for someone to come up to me and say '' that was so cool!! can you teach me how to do that?!?!?!''. and the greatest joy for me is to see a person who i either got started or helped with a certain move turn around and do something that i cant. because thats the whole point...to be good at what you love...and i know we all love it. and if i can help anyone be better at something they want to be better at...than i can think of noth ing more gratifying in the world....

jokker

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
YEAH!!! DUELING POI!!!!

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
dammit, wrong key.

anyways, I've been looking to try some dueling poi, but I cant find anyone who will duel me. most people are to scared to let me try wraps on them. maybe some day. . .

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by masterna:
[QB]anyways, I've been looking to try some dueling poi, but I cant find anyone who will duel me.[QB]
are you talkin' to me?
are you talkin' to me?

hurty sez hi!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
Ready... Fight... *grin*

Heph and myself of wildfireentertainment.com, caught battling,in chicago, usa @ club BigWig...

-nasu
Non-Https Image Link

Heph, won.. my poi went out first. hehe
he's on the right.. love that f-stop.. =)

-nasu

Page: