Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Um has anybody ever used flares(road flares) before, because I did the other day and everybody said it looked better the fire. Just wonderingPeace outMatty

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
We dont get them much over here. But I know of a shop so i might get some for next summer.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Kosmic, tell me more about your spin. We're up to our ears in road flares in NYC. Don't they stink? They last forever no? How did they react to spinning? How did you attatch them?Right now it is our main defense against terrorism attacks. Most of our main roadways are all narrowed down to one lane (with lots of road flares) so that any suspicious vehicles can be searched. Unfortunately, at the checkpoints are just groups of Cops talking with eachother. I guess they figure that any terrorists will either be to frustrated by the traffic or scared away by the flares. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
*giggles at the thought of a suspicious looking car*is that one wearing a fake moustach and a tupee? (sp?)

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
My flares also scare people away - they're bright red and made from crimplene... a charming relic from the early 70's.they are now covered in perma-stains from kero.they are my spunkee pants.your regular programming now resumes.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Do you wear those when you do your Madonna Vogue impersonation honey?------------------C@ntus

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Just curious, how much would flares cost anyways?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Well there not that much maybe 3-10 dollars, but u have to make sure to get the good ones cause some of them tend to shoot some of there insides out when spun fast, so be sure to get good quality ones. Where u hold the flare (there should be some kind of line marking where to hold) I just drilled a hole in the that part. Im triing to figure out a better way to rig them up though.Good luck(not positive on the cost)Peace

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I realy hate to have to be a "wet blanket" again...but road flares are not good to breath, they put off some realy nasty chemicals into the air. Sorry to ruin every body's fun... frown

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Madonna impersonations ... elvis ones....*grin*

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -