daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hi,Like many when I was young I used to dream about the acme juming shoes the coyote had in roadrunner cartoons. Bassman made me discover https://www.powerskip.de
wath the vids they are awesome shocked !!!!But expensive, very expensive... so I wanted to have a few informations about these toys before starting to put money aside (???)Are these toys worth the money ???If you are comfortable with stiltwalking are they easy to use ???Is the quality good for the price??In a few words what's the problem with these toys it seems too perfect to be true there must be something abnormal grinPS: last question, read this before... if the standart use is running fast and jumping high what is the eXtreme use ???? Jumping higher and running faster grin but what are the drawbacks of ordering a PS640 size when your bodyweight is only 75kg ???Heelllllpppppp !!!! wink

o]-[DasK]-[o

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
moving you over to technical smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
I've almost repost it in the social discussion I thought it was a problem with the forum winkYeah you're right it's definitly technical but eh it's 2am in france I'm a bit tired... sorry grinDask

o]-[DasK]-[o

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
oh my god that looks so dangerous. If you landed a bit off with one leg it would like tear a ligament in your hip really easily

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Hi Dask smileI just noticed your post. I'll answer some of your questions:Q: Are these toys worth the money?A: Depends. If you are poor, maybe not. If you have some extra money then definitely.Q: If you are comfortable with stiltwalking are they easy to use?A: Umm... yeah if you are really good with chinese stilts (not drywall stilts), then it should be pretty easy to pick up. The walking around is a lot like regular stilts, but jumping takes a lot more balance. I think it took me a couple of weeks to feel really comfortable with the jumping. The higher you jump, the more balance is required, but after a certain height, the springs max out and you can't jump any higher.Q: Is the quality good for the price?A: The construction is fairly lightweight for their size. They are extremely well built. Very sturdy. Unfortunately I've had two springs break on me so far. They have assured me that I'm the only person that this has happened to. They were very nice about it and sent me new springs free of charge. The springs are made out of fiberglass so when they do break they just splinter which makes the spring less buoyant. So it's not dangerous to have the spring break.Q: In a few words what's the problem with these toys it seems too perfect to be true there must be something abnormal.A: They are as cool as they look dude. They will lose their novelty after a while. I mean, all you can really do is run and jump around in them (or maybe I'm not creative enough), but they are still cool, and if you do any performing, they could be a great asset.Q: If the standart use is running fast and jumping high what is the eXtreme use ???? Jumping higher and running faster but what are the drawbacks of ordering a PS640 size when your bodyweight is only 75kg ?A: I believe the lighter weight springs will max out sooner so you won't be able to jump as high. On the other hand, if you get something too heavy duty, it probably won't be too good for running. The springs will be too stiff and you'll probably hurt your back because there won't be much give to cushion your landing. I weigh 155lbs (70kg), and I have the PS520 springs. I wouldn't recommend getting anything more heavy duty than that for you. Even with my PS520s, if I use my powerskips too much (like every day) my back doesn't like it.Any more questions?Blackbird -- Umm.. actually it's really not as dangerous as it looks. I've fallen a bunch of times, but I've never come close to even scraping my knee or anything. It's always a slow fall. Even if you jump high and land wrong you will basically lose your balance and slowly fall over. I did have my feet slip out from under me one time, but even that was kinda slow and it's not really very far to fall.

saffiremember
27 posts

Posted:
WICKED!!!Saving my pennies!!

DONT PANIC
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Dask *said in BEAVIS' voice*That is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
First off...sick!Next, it seems that it would take a different kind of balancing than on stilts, only because they aren't in a direct line so the center of gravity seems a little off to me. I dunno. I have never had the desire to fly so I will leave this to the pro's but thanks for the entertainment! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
BEZERKER: Yep That is the coolest thing I've ever seen! (appart from fire poi)Bassman: Thanks for your advises I think I will save my money starting from... Now !!! I really like the Idea of me on jumpning stilts running down the central street of my town grin

o]-[DasK]-[o