Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
not sure if this should be in social or move, but here goes, tell me what you think. and now ladies and gentleman pozee will perform his fire feats while blindfolded and handcuffed. too much? it is actually pretty fun, and i have gotten some very strange comments, just to be able to do it was one thing, but with handcuffs and a blindfold? now granted you cant do all the BTB and technical stuff, but if you dont spin, who is gonna be able to tell the difference. should be good stuff for my next performance?? any other ideas, maybe while on stilts or riding a killer whale through the arctic?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHA tongue

Its not easy being green....

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay myst i thought you agreed no more twirling in a thong, thats why your but hurts. you think a hemmerhoid flares up, whoa. alright more overkill, how about glowsticks while surfing at night? any bites? i need to get into some gymnasticks so i can start doing flips and other fun stuff. come on, need more ideas of crazy insane stuff for me to try. to much fun to stop at just handcuffs.

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I really don't want to add to this gutter filth, but Myst - if the strap-on was too big you should have just said so. (I would have only whipped you a bit for such insolence.) It's hard to differentiate your pain face from your pleasure face.sorry about the piles. People, please treat the boy nicely. he's in training.has anyone ever read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series? Just call me Cara. Red leather catsuits look good on almost anyone...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
oh my god! you have a strap on too. flash, how long? did he scream like a little boy? did you record it? whos next? back to the handcuffs, if i painted them UV colors, wouldn't that eventually rub off of the metal? i got a great one for "overkill" i could do it in the middle of my work with about 10,000 pounds of explosives. that would be great rockets going everywhere, 5 inch missiles shooting off, i could do it. hmm maybe that is why i wasn't scared when i first lit up. i take a hammer to the nose of a bomb or ricket almost every day, go figure.

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hey pozee,UV paint is generally water based so it would probably rub off eventually. you could varnish over it or something to maintain longevity, but as with all our toys they would require maintenance.alternatively, you could wrap them in some sort of tape. i know you can get fabric tape (kinda like duct tape) in all sorts of colours. perhaps some of these are UV active. white is always glowy.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
thats it! i just bought some uv bright green grip for my staff/staves, i can probably use that. thanx for the idea,that will also bring the rubbing away the skin factor down a lot. gonna try it tonight.

anyone got a light?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
darnit pozee, you have got to quit reading my mind, it is getting kind of spooky...I have seen some UV friendy spray paint at the local hardware store, I was just thinking about it yesterday. OK this realy is geting wierd. shocked as long as you sandpaper the cuffs with fine grit first the paint should stick, but the tape sounds better now that you mention it, where did you get it? confused about the hanging upside down thing... I'm sure you have ready access to harnesses seeing where you work right? but we were thinking about hanging by the feet, like you see on TV. you know, those boots that have hooks on them and people use them to make the blood rush to their head or something. maybe some ski boots could be converted, and there is always good ol reliable duck tape for us hill billies down here in okey homa---heh heh heh. I would think that if your feet were ridgidly fixed in place, your body wouldn't move much. OOO! OOO! I got it, have you ever seen Rocky 4? (I think its 4) where rocky is exercising in the barn, he hangs upside down by his knees and tucks his feet under something so as not to fall, it would work with short poi, but BTB weaves would require realy short poiz... just another though. monkey bars or jungle gyms at the local elementary school might aford a good place too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
speaking of movies, did you see the animal? now that is a good idea. basically he had ankle bracers that you sinched down, and they had industrial sized hooks on the back. and then there was a bar about 8 feet in the air. jumped up grabbed the bar, and lifted his hooked boots on to the bar where he got stuck. i think we have got something here. well i am out to the drawing boards. be back sunday or so.

anyone got a light?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As for tape, they do have colored grip tape as well as glow in the dark tape and fluorescent tape. I know they have them at those monster art stores and perhaps monster home improvement stores.As for manacles I'd stick with good old Goth-style leather wrist bracelets. They don't dig into flesh as much and you have a range of freedom with how closely you tie/chain/padlock them togther. Any bondage store on my block should do, right Pele? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
if you have hooks on the bottom of your boots, right... then when you have finished and unhook, how are you going to drop to the ground and land on your feet?ok, well if you cant work out hanging upside down, you can always try it lying on a gymnasts bar or similar... in fact, standing on one you could kneel down and do under-the-bar tricks, like up-down mexican wave and stuff...if only you could do it in weightless conditions... vomit comet trip anyone?right... do it while ice skating, bicycling, unicycling, pogo-ing ( grin), bungee jumping, skydiving...I still think my nun-chuck poi idea was good :P hmm... where can i get some nunchucks/nunchuck tutorials?------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Good lords yes NYC...not to mention of few of them could prolly handle the whip and strap on issues of earlier as well. Upside down spinning? In one of Dangerboy's pluthera of Hayabola videos there is one person hanging upside down from a wall mounted ladder and spinning, if my memory serves correctly, a staff. I say if you are ganna hang go full wave...trapeeze baby!As for uv handcuffs, they come in uv colors. some of the shops on NYC's street prolly has those too! Anyway, they are cheap plastic all the way to metal though I have only seen them in novelty shoppes like Spencers and in the colours orange and green, but hey...there you go.And blackbird, Busch Gardens in Florida somewhere has an small ice show that opens with a guy who skates around fire breathing and such. And last I knew Malcolm was working on the roller blading and spinning thing. How about this...stunt skateboarding while spinning? Could you see those flips and stuff they do mixed witha short set of comets? Hot damn!!!!!! wink Not for me though!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Funny thing is i can actually picture pozee doing some of these things.haha there would be the sight to see...Pozee doing his Btb routene,pierced all over with fuzzy balls dangling from every piercing,he's painted with neon green glow in the dark paint,With fuzzy handcuffs on,blindfolded...and ooooh wait, wait... On a flying trapeeze,does a quadruple backflip,he lands on a tightrope...jumps off onto a Purple and blue elephant wearing a thong shocked where he finishes with landing on two cammels with backpacks full of tnt. Geeze hahaha smileOnly pozee....--erica

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
How the hell would you get an elephant into a thong?

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
thats what scissors and glue are for... wink

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
are you sure it was the elephant wearing the thong confused no really, this is getting wierd shocked OK now, here is something else I've been wanting to try but don't have the equipment yet. I do allot of kicks and stuff with my feet while spinning stuff, so I was thinking about attaching some wicks to the toes of some high leather boots and doing a poi( or staff, or fingers) run with my feet on fire also. I don't have a pair of boots that I can convert yet though. and before somebody else mentions it (if they haven't already, how about flaming nunchucks? blush While standing on the back of a galloping horse? and playing a harmonica? while tapdancing and singing the national anthem....backwards.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
wearing thick,wet cotton, with shirt tucked in:wack yourself in the butt with the poi right after lighting them, (and without spinning the fuel off first) that way your butt will catch on fire for a few second and you can "shake your booty" tongue while it is on fire. Give a whole new meaning to the phrase "hot butt" I haven't tried this yet...on purpose that is blush

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
my goodness, leave for 1 week and you all go nuts. i did the handcuff and blindfold thing this weekend and got a lot of oohs and aahs. pretty cool, and fun to do. as for all the other stuff, you know, elephants in thongs and stuff, bring it on. you only live once right. poi whilst skating vert? ill give it a try, dont have access to an elephant, yet. trapeeze, i could try the telephone wires. maybe not. gonna also try some trampoline stuff for flips and what not. should make for a fun weekend.

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... there comes a point when things get a little gimmicky methinks... If something can be incorporated into a routine to actually enhance the performance as opposed to just doing something for the sake of it, I think it's cool but aside from that I think it's tacky. just MHO of course smilere: flaming shoes. I don't know exactly how you would go about doing that, but my troupe will be wearing flaming anklet type things for our summer performances. shorts/skirts and bare feet to ensure no clothing catches on fire. very tribal when you think about it actually..::flash contemplates further creativity::------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ummmm, like how are you going to not get burned? I'm confused, flash, could you describe the anklet thing some more?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
2 words:BAT BOOTSyou know those things you strap your feet into then hang upside-down to do exercises?Hmmm...upside-down twirling. Has anyone here actually tried it??Oh and the elephant in a thong thing...the problem is trying to figure out which is its big toe so tat you can get that little piece of rubber/material in.... (one for the Aussies wink)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Thongs = flip flops grin------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I though a thong was a type of swimsuit (like a G-string) or bikini bottom, only with out the back, just a string in the back.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
that is what i was thinking. i think that is what was meant, not flip flops.

anyone got a light?

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
This is funny...ok lets get this straightOVER here in the land of OZwe call Flip-Flops: ThongsNow Thongs as in bikinis are generally call V-string or G-strings depending on the amount, or I should say lack of fabric used in the rear.But generally in Australia if you are talking about Thongs, you are talking about shoes, that you wear with your Blue stubies and your bonds singlet. grinNow everything’s is clear. Let's crack a tinney from that slab.She’ll be right mate!------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I should at this point say that I had inside information.

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
Yyou know that is funny, when i was younger i used to call flip flops thongs too...hmmm

anyone got a light?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
There is an Australian/Irish comedian called Jimeoin - he does a good bit about the whole flip-flop/thong thing.I am sure I'll spoil it, but I want to share it with you.In Britain thongs are called flip flops. I think flip flop is a good name for them 'cause when you are walking that's what you hear "flip-flop-flip-flop-flip-flop". Can you picture walking along and they go "flip-flop-flip-flop-THONG!!!"mmm I was right - it lost a whole lot!!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I think a thong could go "flip-flop-flip-flop"....if "something" fell out...heh heh heh. I've seen it happen befor at a foot race!

Page: