Forums > Social Chat > Street Performers in the UK

Login/Join to Participate

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm interested in performing in the street when I'm good enough, probably in London, Reading or Oxford.Does anyone know if I have to have a street performer license like buskers do?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I don't think so. But public liability insurance is a very good idea. The cops will leave you alone if you have it, but if you don't they make you leave in my experience of busking in the UK.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your replySince I posted my question, I've found out that it's illegal to perform anywhere in London except in Covent Garden, but you need a licence to perform there.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
that's not fair, like, free street performing for all! cutie tonguep.s soz for that weird reply i'm hyper today..

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Christina aka Str0bemember
19 posts

Posted:
sorry if I sound ignorant, but what is busking?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Yes, yes, yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssI am soooo happy cause I , for the very first time, can answer a question about english and not ask ithurray!!!!Busking is performing in the streets for money. smileShine onCass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
i am originaly from the centre of oxford, and although I dont know if you need a licence to do fire performance, me and some mates got nailed for not having a busking licence there once. i think they are about 200 quid or so for the year (this is a few years ago now), but you can get that back in about a day when the city is busy. best times are begining of the summer or end of the summer (loads of tourists AND rich students to throw their cash at you... smilemates of mine are in a band that busks most weekends, and when its busy they can make 200 quid each in a day (there are 4-6 of them depending...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat