Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Gr. Just wrote a really over-verbose rant, and then lost it in computer incompetence.

Essentially, I want loads of people to come down and have a spinning weekend at my place in Sevenoaks for the weekend of the 28th - 30th. There are two free bedrooms and lots of mattresses, and twenty litres of paraffin to be burned. You're welcome for as brief or as long a stay as you want - just pop in to say hi or stay for a month!

We're about twenty minutes walk from beautiful Knole Park, which is full of deer and good places to spin, and London is only a short journey away. It would be wicked if a load of people could stay for the whole weekend, giving us plenty of time to rant around and learn each other's tricks before heading up into the park on night-time fire missions.

I cook (generally edible) vegetarian food, we've got decks set up in the living room... how can you resist?

Look forward to seeing you soon.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Yep, gotta agree with joe on this one... should be a wicked wkend.
Would be nice if lots of people came down- i'd love to meet a few of you!
What better things have people got to do on a cold november wkend?! Surely not a lot!
Hopefully see you all there.
--------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
This happy gathering open to all? Could drag some east kent people up.
Big hugs
x

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
oh come on..its miles from London..Oh hang on..im in canterbury..

and its not really miles away...

yes...you can probably put three of us down.

hopefully more londoners will come too!

how far from Canterbury is sevenoaks?

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

310 posts

Posted:
Wow! Well, this is shaping up to be a really good weekend. Absolutely EVERBODY is more than welcome. Bring friends, family, household pets and random strangers...

Canterbury is 44 miles from Sevenoaks, if you were driving you could do it in about 40 minutes as it's almost all on motorways.

I live here, a ten minute walk from the Bat & Ball train station, and about half an hour from Sevenoaks main station.

Hooray! I'll get more details on once we're a bit nearer the time, and once more people know whether they can come or not.

Hugs to you all

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ok honey I'm in on that one
I don't take up too much space.

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

310 posts

Posted:
BamBam, hooray! Oh, life is so good! I'm going to bustle off and start making lots of cake...

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh you're makning cake tooo, perhaps some of me London friends will come now that they know there's gonna be CAKE

Barmy one

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
cake you say?

i may come and squeeze myself in somewhere if thats cool

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

310 posts

Posted:
Mate, don't know where everyone's going to sleep, what with all the CAKE I'm going to make... unless you don't mind actually sleeping IN the cake?

I have been working for a baking product supply company, and one of the perks has been the liberation of a 15kilo bag of muffin mix, which all has to get eaten very soon... in fact, forget the spinning, let's have a muffin party!

The space thing: probably sleep about thirty people, if they didn't mind floor space and brought sleeping bags. Beds probably ought to go to couples first, though if any of you would really prefer a bed (if you have difficulty sleeping, or anything like that) then let me know.

I can't wait. Yippee!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Shurely if you have difficulty sleeping you should give the bed to someone who can use it properly?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Sounds like fun - hope I can join the festivities

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm great at sleeping so perhaps I should have a bed ehh and a teddy?? ohh and CAKE, chocolate, HOT chocolate.......muffins

But most of all FIRE

Barking mad Bammy

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hmmm sounds like perfectly sane requests to me Bammers.

Strange how that when I was 17, loads of booze and cute boys were party essentials, now 10 years on my idea of a top party is finger food and flames

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

310 posts

Posted:
Confusing as that logic may be, I find myself totally swayed by it. BamBam, you get a bed, and you can have my teddy if you promise to be nice to him.

Simian, we've already agreed that you're sleeping in the cake.

Kat, if you can make it (please please come!) then I can guarantee finger-food, flames, loads of cute boys (I'll go out looking for some now, bring them back here for you!) and enough booze to drown a goat in.

::wanders off into the internet looking for cute boys...::

[ 15. November 2003, 04:56: Message edited by: joe_sixsteps ]

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
hey, im from southampton...been spinning for nearlly a year!!! is it okay we me and mate come up??? ive got family in severn oaks so no need for a bed!!! nor floor space!!

cke sounds good... ill bring some parraffin!!!

yeah.. email on boardrits@hotmail.com if its cool for us to come up!!

ciao for now, look forward to seeing yah

passing through, this world still lives.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh are you the real life Frodo ???? Wowwwwwwwwwww can I just sit and starre at you all weekend PLEASE

bammy

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
unfortunatly i dont look like frodo, but my friend is about the same height.. im tall! so is it good that we make a road trip? if anyone needs a lift from near southampton up, im sure i can fit some more people on my horse and cart!!!

310 posts

Posted:
Frodo, you'd be more than welcome. May get back to you about people needing lifts from Southampton, if that's alright. Also, would your relatives be able to provide bed-space if we start to run short here?

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
um cool with the lifts, i have a 106 so i can take another 2, pushing 3!!! 2 would be best!!

my family has tiny incie wincey children, and no garden!! so i cant ask her to let people stay sorry!!

speak soon,,

Frodo

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The weasely one will be able to tell you just how in fits of amazement at when i was reading this thread..

wow..its going to be good. Accomodationwise...hmmmmm we live in canterbury and can accomodate 4 people max (maybe more) but that is in canterbury....

wow..someone who actually lives in Bat and Ball. I looked on the connex maps and saw the station and actually siad "i wonder what wierdos live in a dumb named place like that?"

Guess i am going to find out!

Hoorarr!

A fellow weirdo!!!

yipeeeeeeeboingsquibbleywibbleywoo.

310 posts

Posted:
Yipee. Very few days remain. Does everyone prefer chocolate or fruit based cake?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Both sounds good to me as long as it's cake i don't really mind

Bammy

310 posts

Posted:
Well, I've been ranting on about making cake for some time now, blithely assuming that somewhere in the kitchen I would find a recipe for the perfect cake...

...um, does anyone have any good cake recipes? I've found a large tome of Delia's best efforts, which includes some cakes, but does anyone have any really special recipes?

310 posts

Posted:
Well, I've been ranting on about making cake for some time now, blithely assuming that somewhere in the kitchen I would find a recipe for the perfect cake...

...um, does anyone have any good cake recipes? I've found a large tome of Delia's best efforts, which includes some cakes, but does anyone have any really special recipes?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hmmm perhaps BamBam will bring a little SOMETHING SPECIAL with her....Tea anyone

Barmy

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
oooh a cuppa made by Bammy is special indeed

- W B Yeats

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
that's decided then

With special thanks to Lord Tom for his organic donation

Bammy

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
BamBam said you'd be making cake? Will there be cake? mmmmmmmmCake....and Tea? mmmmmmTea.....

D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Are you coming honey please say yes please say yes

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
If there's Cake and your special tea (which i can also contribute to) i'm there.

mmmmmmmmcakeandtea......mmmmmmmmm

See you later honey

D

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

Page: ...