Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hey y'all... wave

For anyone interested there is a new twirling group started up in Nottingham.

We no longer meet down speak easy on sundays but we still spin EVERY THURSDAY down the FOREST FIELDS recreation ground from about 8PM. (see end of thread for details) weavesmiley

Here's the website: Fields of Fire

PM me or Originalsmit with any questions...

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1084972892)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yep, thursdays the only night i can do this week so that works out nicely!! biggrin

sam smith? either i'm being really stoopid or i don't know who you mean... know anything else about him? like hop name or how i know him?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
dunno his hop name, hes at uni in nottingham and does diablo and contact juggling
does diablo really well.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
yup thursday sounds fine to me peace

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
good thing too, your buying the parrafin.
smile

this one is shorter

62 posts

Posted:
Ben was talking about going out this evening "tuesday 17 feb" if any1 is up for it ? do you want me to get some parrafin this afternoon? ubbloco

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

addict
469 posts

Posted:
jeeeeeezus... yeah go for it, just a little one.
if you can get some squash handle racket tape that would be good, i wanna try staff.
or well shout chris.
CHRIS TWO MEETS THIS WEEK TONIGHT AND THURSDAY.
go for it owen get the 'fin and some wire wool if you like, im skintos till i get my asda vouchers tomorrow

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
oh... that sam! didn't know he was going, did you tell him to get down the fields?

as for tonight, maybe... it's looking pretty minging outside right now though! what time we meeting up on thurs? i think i might be able to get quite a few poiple down... biggrin

addict
469 posts

Posted:
usual time dude. 8ish.
tonight will be a micro spin and yes i did tell sam. hell be down when hes back from the states

this one is shorter

dirty fairymember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi, wave

I'm new to this area (deepest darkest derbyshire) but very interested in meeting up with some fellow poi people weavesmiley, and it seems like you guys are the only people round these parts with something going on.

I haven't played in ages 'cos it's just no fun on your own... Could you fill me in on some of the details of what/where/how/when confused and hopefully I can turn up and have a wicked time with y'all. tongue

kiss dirty fairy

addict
469 posts

Posted:

cool more people to go and spin with.
umm i dont know how well you know nottingham at all. if you can find out where the goose fair site is that is where we play.
its also called the forest fields recreation ground, its 2 minutes walk from clarendon college and we are meeting up on thursday night at 8 ish for a nice big spin.
see you all there??

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Hello Miss Fairy wave + welcome to the Notts thread... hope you can make it on thurs!

8's good smit, i'll notify the troops.... biggrin

teflonmember
13 posts

Posted:
hey guys long time absent but i'm back and having trouble trying to work out how this site works again. this is Mark for anyone that doesn't know my name has changed from Gonzo to Teflon it can be explianed if anyone is interested. I've got frisby till 8 but i'll tryand arrive as soon as possible prob ably about 9 ish by the time i hike there. so wait for me biggrin
cheers guys
Teflon

mmmmikemember
1 post

Posted:
keep meaning to come to one of these.. will make it one day soon, do u still meet at the speak easy on a sunday? mike

addict
469 posts

Posted:
cool.
the next toy im making will be a fire frisbee.
got reaklly into it in summer so another frisbeer would be good ill try and look out the glow in the dark one i have
come down man i want to meet you.
we will still be there at 9 for sure. ive got loads of parrafin and chris will bring some too.
remember to post on the nottingham thread. THE BIG ONE AT MY HOUSE.
youll see.
smit

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
smit, you've already met him, mark/teflons the dude with the monkeyfists that was down last week! mike it'd be great if you can make it, keep an eye on this thread for dates/times etc...
can't wait for a spin tonight, i've had a long and very boring day and i'm expecting a good turn out!
*crosses fingers behind back*
weavesmiley

addict
469 posts

Posted:
doh. i feel stupid. hey we made it to 4 pages woo hoo
see you later guys.

this one is shorter

addict
469 posts

Posted:
OUCH
no more poi fighting. its silly. very silly. and i have burns. those bloody wires cain your flesh.
we need to start working on routines. if you see chimera get some ideas fro us to do groovy stuff with

this one is shorter

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Instead of going for a choreographed routine, why don't you devised a telegraphed one?

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

addict
469 posts

Posted:
because i dont have a phone at the moment

this one is shorter

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Sorry I've not turned out this past few weeks. I've injured my back so no spinning for me for a bit frown As soon as I'm well I'll be there.

Smit...sorry about not replying to your work emails.....I went in then I was in too much pain so I left......Cheap parrafin is available from northern oils at the crown Island...If you need a container or a lift then give me a call. I'll grab my firechains back at the same time.

Are we nearly there yet?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
awww.. i thought it was fun though smit! biggrin
maybe you should try wearing long sleeves next time?

i didn't get a chance to see chimera this time but i met some other bristolian spinners on a beach in devon if it's any consolation...

and thistle i hope you get better soon!!! hug

addict
469 posts

Posted:
are we up for thursday again then guys and gals. get those first years down again and well get going.
have some parrafin and a little woll.
howw did those fotos turn out they looked quite good.
smit.

this one is shorter

62 posts

Posted:
cya all on thursday then ubbloco

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Hey Chris,

I promised that some time soon I'd get some Bristol spinners up to Notts for some fun... well we're well up for it - shame you dont meet on Sundays anymore, but we could probably make it up on a Thurs in a coupla weeks!!

Yeah the show went ok, but we've got lots to do beforethe official performance on Friday!!!!!!! Its all good though!

speak soon,

keep in touch and keep spinning!
Loz spank

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

62 posts

Posted:
cool be nice to cya should be fun.

We re having THE BIG NOTTINGHAM SPIN, THE BIG ONE. AT MY HOUSE

on the 19 of march have look at this post if your interested in coming

[Old link]

beerchug ubbtickled

Owen

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey laura..
good to see you on HOP again!!
it'd be wicked if you could all make it up sometime. unfortunately the only thurs i'm gonna be here for a while is in two weeks and smits rearraged his big meet for when i'm away (useless bastad that he is).... frown

as for the rest of you hopefully we'll get a goodturnout tonight. there's a good chance someone from london with much glo stuff including a staff is going to be comin with me... biggrin
smit was also talkin about a fire frisbee...
what more could you need?? cya'll there.,..

thistle- we shall always listen to your earth mother advice in future, smit's plastic sweet container melted last week!!! ubblol you did tell him!!!

smit- kiss

addict
469 posts

Posted:
look im sorry about the big meet moving but what can i do??
ill see you later. ihavnt made the fire frsbee yet but ill be down with my meteors and hopefully rope dart. its gonna be late tonight cos im working till 8

see you there guys

this one is shorter

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Smit: How late is late? I would like to call by and get my firechains.....

ubblol at your melting container. I did try to warn you. Ignore me at your own peril tongue

Dub: Thanks. My back is much better now.

Are we nearly there yet?

addict
469 posts

Posted:
all goodill be there at 9 ish. if you come sown anytime after 9 ill make sure to take your chains to the park with me first.
or you can call at my hopuse earlier . they are on top of the chest of drawers in the front room. tell whoever is in and they will grab them for you.
smit
and yes i know the bucket melted but its all good cos i ran away really quick.

this one is shorter

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
smit- just to remind you that i'm not here this thurs, will see if i can get the others down though if you're gonna be there anyway...
i made some flyers to take to give to people at that rave on sat but left them in my other trousers!! spank

there's a few people i did tell about this thread over the weekend though, so if you're reading this:
hello wave and please make a post so we know who you are!!!

Page: ...