Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Welcome Back Will! See you and your lovely lady soon

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll be there tomorrow! bounce bounce2 bounce Can't wait to pop my spitz cherry biggrin I hope you're all a nice friendly bunch wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Nasty as FCUK.

wink

ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
Its good to hear that you are back will.
will be seeing you at spitz

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i'll be in the 1001 from early

UCOF: your password is "professor"

DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOUR PASSWORD.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In case you dont understand the above post, let me explain...

I . N . R . I

smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im sorry guys, i previously said i would be comming to night, but alsa, i have to much worl to get on with amd cant afford teh time off to get stuff finished by teh end of this week ready for the lil kiddie sto come back!

sorry guys!

Step (el-nombrie)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
will! - great to hear you're back hug real hug coming later and i definitely want to see that trick - kind of a high-low sync half shower thingamy?!

bug - look forward to meeting you tonight man smile

simian - i have a special message for you... wink

jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - jon - etc

mech - boohiss frown

i will be at spitz this evening.
hugging people and smiling lots probably ubbrollsmile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes cole, you will be there, but there will be no good biccies!

Step (el-nombrie)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
booo mech whats up with that you get back into the country and blow off the first spitz booooooooooooo, sooooo we will see you next week then?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
next week?

what do you mean?

i have so much work to do here mate, its not fuuny!

i need my card back to you bugger i have loads of footage of dentrassi i wanna make into a vid!

Step (el-nombrie)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
well i guess ull have to come to london to get it ubbloco

on another note im going to see secret ninja archieves at some point in the not to distant future, the result of which will most likely be a new video with lots of insane madness biggrin go the elbow fishtails
EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1094553566)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Tuesday night was good as always with Spitz. I failed to do any poi but the fact i took them with counts for something doesn't it?

I learnt a two ring trick that I've wanted to learn for the past 11 years so I'm now ultra happy happy joy joy.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
greetings all, i am a spitfields virgin but intend to go there this tuesday maybe, whats it like, it would take about an hour maybe more for me to get there so just wanted to know if its gonna be worth it, sure it will though

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
wow That's all I can say! wow

Felt totally in awe when I walked around the corner and saw everyone playing, also felt a little intimidated but that didn't last long once I'd watched for a minute or two, I just couldn't resist joining in! biggrin I wish I could come everyweek but I'd have to find a free instantanious method of travelling 150 miles. Ben have you figured out teleportation yet? Maybe that should be your next project wink

So to everyone I met for the first time hug it was lovely to meet you a put faces to names etc. And to everyone I hadn't seen for a wee while another hug twas good see you all again ,and so to Ben for putting me & George up for the night, entertaining us with weird frenchies, cooking a lovely late night dinner and guiding us home in the car along the bus route a super special big hug

And to the parkie who put an £80 parking ticket on our car even tho we were still within the time we had paid for
Non-Https Image Link
I hope your balls/boobs dry up and fall off

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im glad you liked it.

Now can you see why I still call it "home"?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oh yes, it was well worth the 300 mile drive, £80 parking ticket, London beer prices, M1 breakdown and 7 hour return journey just to go....and I jest thee not! Next time I plan to actually be there early enough to meet some more peeps and play some more poi and more importantly learn some stuff to take home with me so I can show off to all of no people who like to come and watch me play by myself

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Sorry I missed you, damn holiday in the sun wink

And cole... spinning poi? Perhaps the dark side hasn't completely claimed you yet! :P

"Moo," said the happy cow.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey who you calling the dark side angelblue angel2 wink

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you teaching me same direction ttn has had a lot to do with me looking for my nets again mr spiral smile

twas great to put a face to a name custom hug

if you claim against that parking ticket and need anything from this end (parking meter number etc.) just let me know ubbrollsmile

edit: ubblol and spank for darth bammy wink
EDITED_BY: coleman (1095084630)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
s'ok we got it covered. Our ticket ran out at 22:07 and they stuck theirs on our car at 22:02 so we were 5 mins within the alloted time. But aparently you can't appeal till after you've refused to pay for 28 days so we're waiting for that and then it should be fine. Bloody London traffic wardens rolleyes

Oh and nice to meet you (and all the others) too, you don't look anything like your avatar!! ubblol hug

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i lawys thought that he bears a surprising resemblance to his avater actually... maybe that's just me.

not as lifelike as Brodie though!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Custom, i had a similar annoyance when i booked two train tickets to liverpool online, we picked up the tickets at euston after the stupid machin took the card (we got it back mind) but realised we had four tickets instead of two !

We told the train man and he said you cant get your money back after the day of travel, that includes the day you travel. Garh how you sposed to know you booked too many before you pick them upon the day you travel. shrug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, cole is mainly like his avatar, white, thin, and kind of cool in a starnge way wink

Step (el-nombrie)

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Custom Bug - That doesn't sound right. Appeal NOW so that's there is a record of you appealing before the ticket fine doubles, otherwise if they fiind against you you'll have to pay the full fare.

The ticket fine companies will try anything to get money out of you! mad

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
'Ticket fine companies'? You guys privatize your parking tickets?

And you call US capitalists. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
well it's all written on the parking fine. If you pay within 14 days it's £50, if you pay after 14 days it's £100. If you haven't paid within 28 days it goes to the next stage. If you want to not pay and prove your innocence you have to wait till after the 28 days for some stoopid rad tape bullshite reason. It has a technical name but I can't remember it.

Parking tickets = mad

Coupled together with breaking down on the M1 coming home when the exhaust fell off it was certainly a memorable trip....even without the spinning!

NYC - [rant] our wanky government privatise everything, it's because the government can pay more for a poor service instead of providing the poor service themselves but get the advantage of being able to "blame" someone else when it goes wrong becuase that better apparently and they're too thick to make it better themselves. [/rant]

ah that's better devil

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
lol at Mech's description of cole

nice to meet you bug - and george smile

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet you too! hug George says wavehello

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The next stage is they send you a court order to pay at least £200 in fine + costs and they send the baliffs round.

Just make sure that regardless of what you think it says on the ticket or what you have been told that before 12 days from the date on the ticket you have posted them a letter saying you disagree with the ticket and provide photocopies of your parking ticket. If you have a parking ticket and a parking fine with overlapping times then you're fine & not fined.

I've dealt with these guys before - the insane deal is that these companies get contracts from the council that depends upon them issuing a certain number of tickets a year. As a result the guys handing out fines have their own quotas and every company involved has been repeatedly found guilty of handing out wrong tickets & dodgyness.

Anyway, Spitz tomorrow!! weavesmiley

Page: ......