Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Fire Performers wanted in Brisbane...*

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
We have a few gigs coming up and are inviting Brisbane(and coast)-based fire performers, twirlers, bellydancers to be part of one or more of them...Briefly... (I'll fill you in on all the details when you email me..) the 3 events that we need performers for are*Mother-EARTh-Mother" Festival Sun 10 MarchRun by Artrageous Community Arts Association. We were asked to perform but will be doing the Port Fairy Folk Festival that weekend - we need a small group or several individuals to provide a simple display to end the day's festivities... As it celebrates International Women's Day, I guess it would suit the girlies best... however our troupe would have been 2girls/2boys anyway...* This one is pretty urgent, being only a few weeks away...*Bayfire* - large-scale Community Fire Event held on the Thursday before Easter.This one will be *heaps* of fun - big fire, lots of performers, large-scale choreo... If you sign up for this one we ask you to come along to 4 sessions on Sunday afternoons leading up to the date... this will be run as collaborative workshoping - creating the performance around simple myth/story... anyway, details when you email me...and lucky last - another large-scale fire show that isn't until June... but if you're keen to be involved but can't make the Bayfire one, stil contact me and I'll fill you in on this one as well...So, looking forward to talking to youeither via email or around Brisbane sometime... (ie don't forget next Moon Fest is on Wed Feb 27th)love to you all,Bec...oh, and quick reminder that if you're interested in playing with the Relay Equipment we have it at the moment, so email me and we'll make a time to play!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Thanks to those of you who emailed me...An update on the "Bayfire" event at Easter - the (free) Fire Performance Workshops start this Sunday from 4:30-6pm...so if you're interested in performing and haven't contacted me, please do so asap for all the details and to sign up..Happy twirling all..Bec

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...just bumping this one as a reminder for anyone else who'd like to be involved in the bayfire performance - this coming Sunday will be the last chance to get involved.It's shaping up to be a beautiful show...*if you want more info, please email me.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
ooops.. all this time the date for moon fest has been up as last night - don't know how that happened, but it's actually *tonight* - ie Thursday 28th March...Look forward to seeing you all there - big show (parade & fire show) starts at 6:30pm - so don't miss it!Love Bec

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Well That one's over now, but next Moon Fest is 27th Aipril so we're inviting you all to come and be a part of a fire performance scamble type thing where we all get together ('round 6pm~7pm) and just put an impromtu kind of performance together Sound fun? Come play! Or you can just freestyle all thoughout the night if you want

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*