Page:
SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Right, is anybody up for sorting out and getting together for a beltane fire festival? I've got no ideas for location, but somewhere a reasonable sized bonfire could be lit would be cool, to do some fire twirling and jumping the bonfire (a good old pagan tradition!) any takers?------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
When did you have in mind o'Spirally one..ps: and what exactly *is* a 'Beltane' fire festival..?? Can it be distinguished from any other type of gathering where fire is present..??Yours truly...------------------Kato

Kato

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Right, beltane is a pagan celebration of life, and the origins of may day. The ancient celts used to drive cattle between two burning fires to cleanse them for the year ahead. It is also one of my customs to build a F*****g great fire, get a bit pissed and leap over it, so, the time would be sunset on the last day of april. the p[lan would be to spin, leap fires, and then retire for some hedonistic binges grin just thought it might be a bit of a laugh! grin I'll speak to u about it soon. oh yeah, nearly got the extra beat, can do it laft and right, but only chasing the sun, not split grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I'm always up for a poi meet - and that sounds like a damn fine reason. M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Sounds kinda cool... slong as its not between 5th and 26th of July this year.. (unless you wanna come to Corfu with me and have a Beltane on the beach smile..??)------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 17 January 2002).]

Kato

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
last weekend of april or first weekend of may. been chatting to cantus and we might try and get a sound rig up to suprise view and do it. corfu eh? grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Big fire sounds good to me! any thorts on the location yet??suprise view whars that to??

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Surprise View... WOW !! For those that are unfamiliar with it.. its just outside Sheffield in the North Derbyshire countryside; a area of land overlooking the most increadable view of Hope Valley. Opportunities for SPECTACULAR photography (dontcha fink, PK ??)(Almost as good as Corfu.. smile )------------------Kato

Kato

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,THE place to be for beltain is...Edinburgh! big fire fun up carlton hill every year, s'massive. One of the vids here at HoP is from that event, the one with loads of twirlers. I highly recomend coolNix

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
When'zatt held..?? Is that Edinborough in the land of Kilts and haggis..?? Do a lot of spinners go there..?------------------Kato

Kato

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yup, edinburgh capital of scotland, carlton hill to be presice.should have a website round here somewhere...N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
surprise view or edinburgh it all sounds good to me !email me closer the time i'll be well up for it!Dizz xx

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hey SpiralAny joy sorting some thing out yet?Let me know if you want a hand with out!Take CareDizz xx[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 24 January 2002).]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey dizzy! good to hear from you! hope you had fun at the meet. Still not sure quite whats going on - one of my freinds has a rig we might be able to use but any help would be welcome - drop us an email or something - are you going to come up to headcharge on friday 2 see chris liberator? grin

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hello thare Mr Spiral!Would love to come but i think i may have to hold up a bank or some thing! frown What sort of tunes dose he play?? My m8's got a 20k rig if you want i can ask him if he's up for it? smile Take care Dizz xx

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
sort of trancey techno. what tunes does your mate do? that'd be cool if u asked,cheers------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Who's your mate Dizz?

Meh

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Deep house mainly,Hi Cantus its Chris and Garys rig thare based in bude but are allways up for a party! I'll call Gary tonight and see what he thinks have you sorted out a date and site yet as it wold be hellp full, some time in the first week of may? (its a long shot as thay live so far away but ill give it a try) Take care Dizz xx

brewhahamember
3 posts

Posted:
hows about something nearer Bude then?

life love and unity

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys been away for a while (exams and all) so whats the plan do we have one yet?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
where abouts @ suprise view?secret garden must be off the list being in a forest.. keyhole cave would be a nice venue, sheltered and kinda open and you can climb the cliff if the coppers role up, i remember curfew's fifth bday at the secret garden and the coppers raiding it. no where to hide. oh and make sure it isnt giant ant season out there cos they is nasty on acid! i remember ant hils about a meter high and ants every where frownBut i would be well up for it as long as its a saturday and i can get a lift, maybe help out with setting up the rig or what ever just to pay my dues...PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Ok PK, thats was I was thinking... find a rig, blag a lift and help set up. will speak to the rigs I know 2morrow------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

ellemcfeastymember
1 post

Posted:
Aye, I was drumming at the Beltane festival in Edinburgh last year. If you do live in the UK, you'd be stupid not to make your way up to Scotland for that one night to welcome in new summer season. There's such a good vibe up on Carlton Hill, great organic beats, body paint, giant puppets, fire twirlers and a lot of happy people. Walking through the streets of Edinburgh voices yell 'Happy Beltane'all night, and ofcourse there's nothing like rolling in the morning dew when the sun begins to rise. Unfortunately, this year, I'll be wishing all those in Edinburgh a very, merry, Beltane from Australia. Cheers !

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
Anyone wanting to go to Edinburgh for Beltain heres the web site, https://bfs.samhuinn.org/where
are you thinking of having old school pagan gathering sounds like a good way to spend beltain all thoughs fertility right nudge nudge wink wink say no more

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm really up for a large meet, just let me know when and where. smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
there is a large meet this saturday!check the website for detailshttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield/pip.htmPK

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
is anything happening for beltain then?

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think Spiral has forgotten about it. I'll get in touch with him soon and remind him.

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
THE BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL IS...In Edinburgh the first weekend in May. I live in Edinburgh just underneath Carlton Hill where the festival takes place. I also happen to have just made friends with the person that organises the festival - which is one big night of carnage by the way!! As soon as I know any more details I will post them, however email me if you have any questions about it. Otherwise go too www.beltane.com and check out their website. Take care guys, Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
If anyones serious about Beltane call 07855480166 and ask for Dibs, I'll see what I can do.

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I haven't forgotten, Just having to sort out my exams and compulsory fieldwork. Right, ok, here we go. We all know the location, now we just need to find a willing rig to do it! any ideas anyone please...?

Page: