Page: ...
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright, so everyone I am certain knows of the tshirt competition, and that the proceeds are to go to an international gathering of spinners in NZ.What I was thinking is that it might be easiest for us to create this like a convention. Rent a venue with insurance for the three days. Have stages where people can spin and showcase. Have vendors with items available for sale or display. Have a general gathering area, etc. This way the cost can be defrayed by sponsorship, it will be easier to get airlines to discount tickets and hotels to discount rooms.Then on Saturday night we can have some honking big free spin ala Burning Man and such. I was thinking that since there is so many of these little BM things sprouting up all over that this might be a fun and different direction to go. We can also retire the relay equipment that weekend, and maybe kick off a new project?I know there are enough businesses that would be interested, what about everyone else? Would many of you be interested in attending anyway? Or is this ganna be small and intimate with us dieharders?Anyway, that is my .02 on the thing. Other ideas would be great!Also needed would be any NZ-ers interested in helping plan the thing when the time comes? And when should we start with this stuff anyway?Oh...and I was thinking November of 2003 since it is turning to sumer down under. Any other dates which might be more suitable?If need be I can start an egroup about this.....Thanks for any ideas and input!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
***BUMP***

P.s. Can one of you MODsters plse edit the title to prevent confusion?

[ 25. January 2003, 19:50: Message edited by: FireMorph ]

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah it sounds a bit confusing , I'd love to go to New Zealand Near the end of the year .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I'm coming to the end of a 12hr shift at the end of a 67hr night shift week, it ain't hard to confuse me right now but it's in 2004 now.
& by hook or by crook I'll be there

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im a electrician , I love those types , Especially if you haven't had a day off in 3 months!.

[ 27. January 2003, 12:33: Message edited by: Ivan Newton(grubiln) ]

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Page: ...