Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Wanting to meet twirlers from the UK!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hellooooo.......im wanting to find people into twirling from the UK...just to chat...etc. anyways thats all i needed to say so i shall far thee all a fairwell...*smiles*goafire xxx

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
P.S Mail me at zoi_is@hotmail.com

felixmember
9 posts

Posted:
hey Draco! i'm back in leicester now. i'm studying at De Montfort and live about 5 mins from the uni campus. e-mail me if you fancy meeting up! felix_2ooo@yahoo.com (use the letter 'o' not zero for 2ooo!) p.s. was it u i met on the park by jacksons last night with poi??look forward to meeting you!!!!!

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey all... how is everything? i am sooo glad there are so many more fellow swingers in the uk although it almost makes me sad because i hardly swing my poi nowadays... frown i am definitely up for a night of swinging, i'll try and watch out this space for details...chloe & garbo i am coming back to the uk on the 29th of Sept but the first couple of weeks will be quite hectic; after that i'll be able to travel down to london, it will be great if we can arrange something but i am warning you both, you'll have to teach me everything from scratch coz i dont practise at all frown ...it will be great to meet up anyways though and a few hits on the head can only add some more fun to the whole experience (and some bruises on my head!!! lol)...happy swinging to all,Simos smile

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Hey all,Nice to see so many friendly faces. If anyone wants to meet up with me in London, that would be great. I'll be in Camden (NW London) for the next two weeks and would love to meet some fellow poiers as, in the two years I've been doing this, I have not seen another solitary SOUL do it (apart from a few beginners in Brighton)!Peace to all.FP xxxPS: Mail me at Rachelslack@hotmail.com - I'm not checking the addy in 'meet others' for a bit...PPS: See y'all at Glastonbury next year! Get in touch GoaFire! Freaky, 'cos I went last year and didn't see anybody...maybe I was just in a trance wink[This message has been edited by Fire Princess (edited 22 September 2001).]

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Sweet, I'm in West London near Kew Gardens and I'd love to meet up with some poi'ers some time... I'm not free very often because I have stuff going on on the weekends (saturday school :P piano lessons that sort of thing) most of the time so we'll have to plan ahead... so mail me darkstarangel@hotmail.comI'm ok, i'm just on the "second plateau" - basically i've got all the hard moves (5bt, rvs 3bt sort of thing) but none of the damn-hard moves (7bt, rvs 5 bt sort of thing), and my style isnt that good, and I'm not too creative (with moves that I can do, that is). But I can learn blush)

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
fire princess....i was there too... smile my first 1..hehe...saw a guy spinning nice balls around at the stone circle...had to learn it for myself..(was the first time id ever seen them moving hehe....(all together...."awwwwww bless" hehe)anyways.....ill get in touch nearer the time....im off ibiza mid summer too...or should i say "BIFA" as all the nobheads seem to call it...(just my opinion... smile)goafire

Dottmember
29 posts

Posted:
waheys,i'll be in london on sunday to go to a gig, at tottenham court road. not sure yet whether i'll be free, but if anything is happening sunday afternoon in central london give me a yell, dott_juggler@yahoo.com smile.dott.

hexonlegsmember
12 posts

Posted:
Is there anyone in the Newcastle area spinning? I already know a few but would love to meet more.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey to all u pyro people!!!Im down in london from 11th-15th of Oct....Im a poi virgin.....but Im looking to get started as soon as I get the gear.....Cant wait!!Does anyone know where in London you can get poi gear...(I cant get anything back home.. )Also....where is the best places to go to see 'Poi Peeps' in action??? (ill be there Thurs-Mon, so Im gonna miss the Drome!)Does anyone wanna get me started , while Im in the Big City??!!.....xangiebabesx@hotmail.com

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Hi xangiebabesx,You can buy practice and fire poi (and a good selection of collapsible staves etc) from 'Oddballs' in Camden. Turn right out of the main exit of the tube station keep walking up the road, over the bridge, past the lock until you get to a huge green train bridge over the road. Stop here, look over your left shoulder and lo! there is Oddballs. Blink and you miss it. It is more of a cupboard than a shop!It's a bit pricey - cheaper to order online from here if you can wait...but the people are pretty friendly and you can go outside and flail some poi about a bit with only oooh, 2-300 spectators winkAlternatively, if you do a search for 'practice poi' on this site you'll find loads of ideas about how to make your own. One of my first pairs was a couple of glowsticks on shoelaces grinHappy twirling!FP xx

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi!Any of you lovely people live anwhere near Winchester? I've been swinging poi for about 6 months now and have got on about an equal footing with other people round here, I NEED some new stuff (that is'nt in you experts criptic code wink mail me : pinfrog@hotmail.comSo good to see other people in the Uk!!xXx Firecracker xXx

Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
Newbie spinner near Portsmouth, Hampshire. Mainly a fire blower...Evilsun

Dougalmember
11 posts

Posted:
HiChloe, I am a fellow Poi'er in kent (every other Poi'er i know has moved up to uni) where abouts are u maybe we could meet up & start a new massiv'------------------The world always looks better when ur unconcious! (well i think so, i dont know about ne 1 else!)

The world always looks better when ur unconcious! (well i think so, i dont know about ne 1 else!)

ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Simos: its time to get you swinging your poi again i think.. at least theres one good thing, my standard may be somewhere near yours now if you haven't practiced for so long. Send me an email, i'm around for a few weeks, got a few gigs, a fire one at Fletching bonfire night (nr Brighton) on the 13th Oct, and an indoor gig with the African Drumming group i dance with on the 16th in Margate so i'm gonna b round till then. After that i'm moving up to Bristol for while, from reading this it looks like theres a nice scene up there that i will no doubt find myself involved in smileI have a few other fire friends in London who would like to meet up aswell, so we could organise a little meet possibly, see what happens. ( i have been living in a field in Devon... surfing and stuff... for the last 2 1/2 weeks, i'm kinda taking life as it comes, and being very chilled about it all smileDougal: I'm in the furthest reaches of Kent, the back of beyond, the blackspot.... Thanet. Broadstairs to be precise, which isn't _as_ bad as say... ramsgate, or margate! If you wanna meet up at some point we could do canterbury cos it's kinda in betweeen. I'm not gonna be going back to uni, somehow i have finished my degree (where did those 3 yrs go?!!) and am now an 'unemployed graduate' teeheehee! As i said, i'm moving to bristol for a while, (unless i can get a good job down here) and will be around for a couple of weeks at least. So drop me a line.. the_invisible_fish@hotmail.comChloe------------------Chloe.-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame- Paul Weller

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey all!!im a poi girl (i alos use single staffs)from the midlands (shropshire near ish birmingham!!)im currently backpacking australia and having loads of fun being a beach fire bug as we are holding regular parties for twirlers.any how im back in the uk in early feb after travelling through thailand (fire heaven!) so it would be cool to start getting in touch with some fellows twirlers so i can start up some big parties in the uk, so all get in touch (bouncybouncy23@hotmail.com)wishing you all kerosene that doesnt smell!!linda x x x

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
merry meet all :)i`m a lover of orange and all things u.v. or fiery i`m based in sheffield helped in the stageshows for dionysis and now planetzogg a little,did some stuff with the renegade spinners in the drome (se1-now)hiya dimitri woowooHiya barb :) do we know of eachother?hiya DavEna - let me know if you need any guidance :)i hope to meet everyone eventually - its a good thing to hope for :)good energies allrich orange...xxx...------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yoohoo, I'm in Sheffield too. Don't forget me. I do staff and double staff. And I go to zogg and headcharge and all the best parties....------------------C@ntus[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 26 November 2001).]

Meh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hello All,I hadnt seen this thread till now but I am in Bath. We meet up every Sunday for some Fire action - see Ithacas' site for details.www.poishop.f2s.comWould be good to meet up with anyone that is down this way smile------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
i live in london, and id love to meet up with other twirlers - having been spinning on my lonesome since i started frown. Im into poi and im trying to learn staff at the moment.

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
lo BeardIf you make it anywhere near Bath in your travels, give us lot a shout and come out and play with us smile------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Im in Stroud (Gloc) near Bristol/Cheltenham/Bath. Things are a bit hectic right now but when I get a spare weekend Id love to play with some Fire people.

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
beard,In London the most regular night is Just Jugglers on Wednesday evenings in Brixton. At the back of the Methodist Church up Brixton Hill, by Elm Park road. 7-10pmAttended by many poi, staff and jugglers willing to teach.Dom[This message has been edited by Alternativa (edited 08 November 2001).]

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Oi Oi Firefairy . o O (playing with some fire people eh wink )Only kidding it would be good to see some new faces so drop one of us an e-mail when you have time for a little twirling grin ------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
For anyone in the midlands area: there is a poi/fire spin meet every weds night on the Forest Recreation Ground (AKA the *goosefair* site)in Nottingham. Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
mark - Im a fire slut, Ill play with any body as long as fires involved winkthanks, i want to try n get down soon before it gets too bloody cold - is it sundays u usually get together?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Yep thats right, we meet every Sunday @ about 7.30pm. It is damn cold at the moment but I dont think that has any chance of stopping us.I have only been spinning for about 3 weeks so the only thing that is going to stop me turning up is going to be severe frostbite in the fingers.It is always good to see new faces too grin so you will be more than welcome a bit more info on how to get there (with map I think) is on the site below. www.poishop.f2s.comHope to see you soon,------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)[This message has been edited by Mark P (edited 10 November 2001).]

bigmmember
1 post

Posted:
hi, just moved to London and have just taken up spinning poi am looking for other beginers to practice with or unintimidating clubs. Am a bit shy,so currently on my own.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hi all, If anyone is in or around Guildford, there's a meet every Thursday on the top floor of York Road Car Park (Behind the Tup/Bowling Green) free parking after 6, public toilets and a roof... What more could you ask for?OK, apart from warmer weather....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi, Yorkshire (Halifax) boy living on the Wirral and studying at Uni in Wrexham.I do poi mostly, staff, some double, spit and am obsessed with all things glowlike and my firey fine art other half does staff, double, spits and occasionally funks with finger fire.We are planning to meet as many kindred spirit as is financially possible within the UK, which is mainly due to the massive interest in this site (NICE ONE MALCOLM) and our poi/staff addictions. If you have a sofa bed, spare room, comfy cusions on the floor say hi. Of course if you need the same....It's all in the wrist baby------------------TEMPEST

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hello Goafire, we have a spin meet every week in nottingham, bit far away for you but if you fancy coming to Nottingham you can get my details out of the firestay register. Also there is the Jugglers Ball in Manchester that a few of us are going to meet up at. The more the merrier!!!Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

Page: