Edgemember
3 posts

Posted:
1) Do the backwards weave

2) With your stronger hand throw the poi up in the air slightly behing you. Let go of the poi when your leading hand starts to move to the other side of your body in the weave cycle (when your palm is facing up).

3) Turn around while spinning the other poi as if you had two, while watching the other poi, and turning in the direction your leading hand was moving.

4) If you threw the poi with the right speed (it should do 1 revolution in the air), you will be able to catch the handle on the way down and carry on.

5) If you can catch the poi with your stronger hand on the other side of your body, with your weaker hand on the other side, a turn can be done while catching the poi. This also means that you can throw it again almost immediately.

Ive personally managed to do 4 in a row. On fire it looks amazing, but it is hard to see the handles to catch the poi at night, especially with the glare of the fire.

You can also thrown the poi forewards, run forewareds while turning round. The further forewards you can get the better. Ive done about 7 meters.

Good luck!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wide world of throws
old throws thread from 12 months ago
thread on handles for throws.

extremly old throws thread
yet another thread on throws.

i think the first link should be where this thread goes....
there is a search button you know. only took 30 seconds to find all those.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
oh by the way welcome to HoP.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
If a thread hasn't been active in 12 months, I think a new one of the same topic can be created without all this "search function" stuff. Jesus man, give the guy a break.

---------------------------------------------

I was tired and grumpy when I posted that. Also, I have directed several new spinners to this site in the last little while but none of them visit this site anymore because all of thier questions/posts get a "there is a search button you know" style reply. Not a rude responce, but certainly not a friendly one, and after a few of these why would anyone want to try to post here?

Sory 'bout all that

[ 13. February 2003, 14:19: Message edited by: Jaeden ]

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
obviously you took that the wrong way jaeden.
by posting a list of threads, Edge, can then see what has been discussed previously, there are many of us that have been around for some time and can see repeat threads all too often. i didnt post that so we can add to it, fuck that pointless, but considdering that the wide world of throws was still active within the past 30 days then i think its relavant dont you? . i rest my case, not that i have to reason my self to you.

quote:
i think the first link should be where this thread goes....
<
quote:
wide world of throws
<now where did i put my glasses maybe my eyes have spoooores.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
new visitors
FAQ
glossary
search

:MORE handy links!:

[ 12. February 2003, 23:46: Message edited by: - ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
: edit :

[ 12. February 2003, 23:49: Message edited by: - ]

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
:cut:

Nice videos by the way. I look forward to viewing coffee

[ 13. February 2003, 14:21: Message edited by: Jaeden ]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the site edge...Just ignore these two hijacking your thread, they are both right in so many ways...

Great to put tips up here for others to read, as already eluded too, we prefer it if you can add to an existing thread, just so the old nuggets of information aren't lost and buried where they can help others out. The older the better...

Jaeden is also getting offended on your behalf, which I think is very neighbourly of him.

If you ever think people are being deliberately mean to you, fee free to let us mods know and we will try to sort it out.

Home of Poi should be as welcoming a place as possible...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Nice videos by the way. I look forward to viewing coffee

morning coffee is upoaded, but half the net is down again for some reason.

[off topic post]
:slaps own hand:

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
PK you are a putz

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Pk is a great wonderful, experienced and well meaning poster on the board.

How amazing that that is exactly what "putz" means in Swahilli...

R you a language expert or something Poiaholic?

(This is a vieled attempt to remind everyone to be nice to each other, even with smilies after the not-so-nice comment...)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Charles it is actually an on-going on-line joke I've got going with PK.

I would imagine he knows how much I value his constant willingness to help all us amateurs being the master he is.

Besides if your definition of putz is correct than I was actually paying him a compliment.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well guys you just brightened up my day, apart from gettin to meet primate tonight for a burn and a long chat and teach him some poi.
its been a strange 24 hours.

Edgemember
3 posts

Posted:
ok.........

First of all thank you to the moderator for his/her kind words. Secondly i'd like to thank jaeden for arguing in my defence, and thirdly "member 1112" for telling me how the site works, i think...

I've never met anyone else who does poi and ive made up all my tricks myself so i didnt think throwing them would alreafdy exist. sorry!

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Not a problem. This site has been up for several years now, and has quite an extensive database of moves threads. You can search for just about every move known to man, if you have several hours to kill

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaeden:
if you have several hours to kill
man this board changes so much daily, you have to check it every hour

sorry about our discussion above, we both had points to make and both were right to say them, charles is a nice bloke too.
as jaeden says, HoP has a large database of moves. it might help you to goto the meet others section found under community in the top menu bar, there is a hugh data base, just type in your area or nearest city and look for people to meet up with and exchange moves and techniques.
faiing that and your going to london on saturday for the protest, there is a big gathering on clapham common after the rally. there will be a large collection of HoP members there, i will be going to clapham but not the march, you can check for details in the events section of the board.
good luck dude, be kewl
PK

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Ah yes the fun I am having learning (and trying to think of a couple of my own) throws.Though I think I am driving family members crazy when my poi hit the floorboards. Oh well,they'll get over it.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
well ive been useing the HoP chat board for only about a month and i have seen throws mentioned
BUT
i would like to thank edge for posting his topic in plain site so all can see what hes up to.

oh yeah im trying to bet your 7 meters and all i can get is 4 with a smooth catch.

Cheerz Keep it up

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.