NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
This will really give you twisty hips, if you don't already have em. It's new for me, but probably not more experienced people. It came upon me shortly after i learned to go from fwd 3 beat (wall plane on one side of my body) to reverse 3 beat weave (other side of body) while only turning upper body, i.e. without moving feet.

So the real hiptwister is starting a normal weave in front of you (we'll say reverse for simplicity) and twisting almost 180 degrees to one side to change from reverse to fwd...then twist back facing front for reverse, then to the other side for fwd again. The result: fwd -> rvs -> fwd in a chain that will last as long as you want...or until your twist your spine too far. It's great for strengthening all those twisty muscles since you're turning almost 360 without moving your feet. Looks awesome too...throw in a few actual 360s and spin yourself dizzy.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i remember back in the day discovering that move and it was wicked felt on top of the world, these are what build the jedi set.
its allways good to go back to basics because the newer moves you think of and learn push all those old moves into the distance, never forget them they are still as good as any 7 beat weave.

thanks for sharing your discovery, time for some more old skool moves.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Great Move! Try putting a Windmill in it (or between) when you go from Rverse weave to Fwd weave. (I like to bring it over the head sometimes.) Then you can streach your Windmill a few times, then back down into the fwd weave to your left.
Great move and keep it up!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
O-ya,
If you turn your feet 180 so fwd weave is on your right, you can put a "Chase the Sun" in the Middle. (instead of a Windmill)
I like Casing the sun! I like to do just the bottom half, then split time it. Its like a poi chase at your hips(two beat). then bring it up over your head, for the four beat Casing the Sun.
This is another fun work out, and you can go right into your Weave combo from it!
Have fun!
~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!