Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
My friend and I took one poi each and started to spin them. We then proceeded to slowly move 2gether and put the 2 poi 2gether into the butterfly. This move actually looks neat, as it is a bit harder 2 do. Now we are working on doing this w/ 2 poi each, which would give us a double butterfly effect

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
since you're experimenting with doubles moves here's a thread to get your creative juices flowing

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000468

[ 07 June 2002, 06:08: Message edited by: phunky ]

wanderinglintonmember
31 posts

Posted:
My favourite doubles move (apart from the "hug of death" with a pretty girl) is where the two poiers stand facing each other doing a simple split swing but angled slightly outwards.

If you have the swinging in sync, you can move in toward each other through each others arcs of swinging until your wrists are touching.

It seems very simple, but it takes a bit of practice, and adds the additional fun of locking your wrists together with buring poi if one of you makes a timing mistake.

Whilst simple in concept, it looks very impressive and is actually pretty tough to do.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Thank you thank you thank you

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hey bram, me and my partner can easily now go int a butterfly with both hands and then thread the needle back and forth. it should hopefull get on to the COL tape, but we will see...

anyone got a light?

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
one game I like to play with others is the simple butterfly game. after I teach the butterfly I then teach the alternate or over head bf. so when they get that good we face each other and do the bf then we start to alternate then when it gets goin real good I slowly start to move closer. I have found it to be quite cool so that when I am in between us the partner is behind their back and when I'm behind my back my partner is in between us. I use it to show control over poi and most of the time it is my partner afraid of themselves that musses it up, but at times it gets going well.

As for the dueling weaves, my friend and I do it all the time and it is really cool to have fire a few inches from your face and know that someone you trust is handeling it so it's ok.
Anyway I am rambeling and wishing their were more fire poi frinds near me now I need a fire hug!
Molly

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Awwww *lights himself on fire and hugs fairy lady*

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
"Awwww *lights himself on fire and hugs fairy lady*"

That's classic! lol

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
Hey Ender?

you didnt by any chance get your name from the orson scott card novels did you?

just wondering...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
:/ I want to teach a girl poi so I can do two person moves.

Kyromember
24 posts

Posted:
We've been practicing partner moves.

We found that it's easier to do butterfly moves if each of you decide which hand your going to focus on.

I keep my right arm still and only move my wrist, swing my poi forward
partner keeps her right arm still, only moving writst to swing her poi forward

We both are in control of our left arms. We swing forward, take one step towards one another, my left arm moves just above and in front of her right wrist (she's keeping still, only moving her wrist) while at the same time her left arm moves above and close to my steady-held right arm. I trust she's watching only her left arm and concentrating on keeping her right arm steady and visaversa. We do 5-6-7-8 count and we each pull out only our left arms, keeping our right arms steady.

This works really well. It's a great move.

Good luck.

From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations,man has had to manufacture things;his well-being depends on his success at production.The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. Ayn Rand

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Whiffle Squeek:
Hey Ender?

you didnt by any chance get your name from the orson scott card novels did you?

just wondering...

yeap! its a great book (the first one) the ones after that are so so