Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Someone mailed me this, so you've probably all seen it anyway. I'm trying to perfect it for the video competition.Instructions for a quintrouple double back flip cross over with a backwardsquad tuck turn flip alternating butterfly move.First start off with a normal forwards weave formation but when your lefthand is level with your right shoulder, allow your right hand to spin roundbehind your head as your left hand spins clockwise under your right elbow,then quickly flip your left hand up over your left shoulder as your righthand spins round, at this point dislocate your right hand from your wristso you can spin it even further round your neck and swap poi between yourtwo hands in a smooth cross over formation, (at this point it would beuseful if you can totally remove all the lower vertabrae from your back) asthe poi spin round again, you should have done a quad double flickbackwards over the head with bells on coss over weave with your handsfacing opposite directions and on the wrong wrists, then weave your handdsaround each other, further than they can comfortably go and carry on untilyou hear a crack, then carry on until your finger ends start to bleedsunder the strain and your eyes pop out, as your eyesfly out of theirsockets, spin them round and start to move then in time with your poi,working them into a butterfly formation, now get your timing right andbring your poi into the circles of the eyes - I find going from alternatingto normal easier here - now you should be doing a quad poi butterefly withyour poi and your eyes...now the tricky part, as your eyes spin round,flickthem with your neck and pull your head back, they should just snap backinto place and hey presto, you can see again (hopefully) but it does notmatter, it looks great! Now all you have to do allow both poi to gentlyrest on your right side as your left leg jerks uncontrollably backwardsallowing you to flip your poi round into a backwards weave alternatingbutterfly. Simple. Have fun.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
Jo, that move is totally outdated. i've been doing the backflips for years now. its plainly obvious you are new to this profession. next you're gonna tell us that you can swallow a poi and then poop it out, keeping the rhythm and swinging it out the backside. Big deal, buddy. As if all of us can't already do that. so from now on, keep all of your so-called "new" moves to yourself. haha.

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
no fair putting up posts that make me wet my overalls.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Jo...i've tried doing the move you describe - i could get most of the first part but no matter how hard i try i can't make my eyes pop out...how do you do it??? Has anyone else had the same problem???thanx a lot in advance,Simos

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Haaaahaaahaaargh! Thats a great move! Have you tried the one where you swing the poi under one leg (duh, but here comes the good bit,) then give yourself a vasectomy by letting them tangle infront, then in a split second, yank them back as hard as you can? It might only work with steel cable poi, but I have seen plenty of people get partial vasectomies at least. Good luck!

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh sure Kerri and here you went on about being a woman!!!!Now you forgot the part of the move that requires you to balance on your left leg while you hook your right knee behind your neck..while still standing...and spinning a staff with your toes. smileMy theory on this whole thing is that the contortionists from Cirque du Soliel could probably do it all and more...*wishful sigh*:rollseyes:------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

trance guymember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey Jo, that move sounds mighty familliar! I assume you have already mastered these more basic moves so now you must be ready for the advanced "Double B*****d Reverse Flip Over The Top Ingested Fire Bomb Corkscrew Twist Butterfly Muthaf**ka Move"? See you at the next Sheffield Destination Venus - probably the best Hyperdelic Trance Techno club in the World...Poi's at Dawn boy! Ciao James xxx

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
this old enough for you nix?

dont think ive ever seen jo do this one though!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, its got danger boy in it, so it qualifies.

I saw jo do this at sheffield, just minutes after you went off to the hall cos it was 'too cold'. tried to get it on video, but my battery died.....

T ubblol

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
yea my eyes crossed before i could finish reading that all the way, but from what i got, ill believe it when there is a vid posted....

im gonna go uncross my eyes now...THANKS FOR THE HEADACHE JO wink

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
ubblol heph you douchebag, but yeah i didnt get past the first few lines either.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
if you replied to this ..... see another thread that i dug up from the archives....

this isnt a new thread!.... just being nostalgic.

x

-=Sidhe=-member
22 posts

Posted:
Gah! Other people's reminiscenses!

The horror... The horror...

wink