Forums > Social Chat > Overland Track, Tasmania

Login/Join to Participate

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
dear all,
my ancient wizened father and i were considering walking the overland track in december.

for those who have no idea what im talking about, its a 6 day hike through the gorgous cradle mountain area in central tasmania [and for those with a lack of knowledge of australian geography, that is the smaller island at the bottom of the country].

heres some pics
overland track pics

and some info
info

if anyone is interested in joining us this december, please PM me.

cheers.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
When in December?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
thinking about starting in about the middle of the month.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi, will I see you before/after the walk in Hobart? I would love to catch up!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quite possibly well drop by after the walk. with the current preliminary scheduale, probably a couple of days after christmas.

ThomasBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
hey me and 2 friends are doing it next month. We are leaving here (south coast nsw) 17th of november I think, could be catching the ferry on the 17th I forgot. We are going down to Tassie for a month backpacking. I can't wait to do the Overland track. If your down there, try to check out Coles bay, I've heard it's really nice.

Thomas