Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 9,653    Replies: 38
"(*note to admins: there are several posts about programming, but not a whole thread dedicated to it, so ill post a new one solely for programming PIC's)Okay. This thread is about progra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,754    Replies: 3
"hey all, i have a question about kevlar cloth/thread.i went out shopping last night to get materials to build my first fire staff. figured might as well get used to it before i light up..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,700    Replies: 2
"So, I am taking myself up to Everest Base Camp for a goodly while next week, and I am wondering about taking my staff and poi up with me.However, at EBC there is only 14% oxygen, compar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,434    Replies: 12
"What do you think? This is what they look like..From afar....and the connection..it's not kevlar;) just practice rope.. 1 cm wide I think.. and they are not as tight as they could be so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,892    Replies: 3
"Just two days ago I have seen one of the prettiest girls spinning staff in a long time... everything nice, except- the hand in which she held the staff was always kept to the body- she ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,044    Replies: 10
"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200082340746"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,252    Replies: 15
"...your mission should you choose to accept it is to have a play with the GUI I'm building. There's not much there yet (just dragging and dropping text from one pane to another)... but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,054    Replies: 43
"I have been a keen poi thrower ever since I first started reading Spherculism. Up until very recently I had stubbornly refused to add counterweights to my poi, instead only using modes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,952    Replies: 12
"I found this cool stuff on a random search. Glowing Rope"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,564    Replies: 20
"We tried using candles and lighters but they were pathetic. Candles kept going out (often enough from having the wick so close), and lighters get too hot. We've found the lantern things..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,453    Replies: 6
"So, I was spinning last night with HOP rainbow glow balls and one of them broke. I've only had them for about a month and have only used them a couple times. The molded loop just tore w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,157    Replies: 2
"Hello!Ive got a group in berkshire called Red's Caberet, and we're looking to branch out into acrobalance. I am hoping to get some hands on training done soon, but does anyone know of a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,095    Replies: 2
"Hello all! I've been a bit quiet on HoP recently because I've been busy developing software for the HyperLights. I've just about finished the compiler / USB bit of software that allows ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,591    Replies: 13
"I've started to get this problem involving a pain in my chest while i was in Thailand playing alot. Suddenly (usually when quite relaxied, i think) i get this tight feeling in my chest,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,892    Replies: 10
"I'm total skint and i spin poi i have brought 2 pairs of poi and have made my own.I'm really interested in staff, metor and club twirling. does anyone know how to make these, without 2 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,777    Replies: 5
"Greetings all,I've noticed in my travels many many different kinds of staff handles.From bare metal, to masking tape, duct tape, insulation tape (guilty) Bound leather, Hop Style with b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,064    Replies: 14
"For some months now I have really wanted to get myself a pair of glowy and fancy LED poi. At first I was going for the pretty expensive but as I hear, extreamly good Aerotechs. But, jus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,285    Replies: 30
"Anyone ever tried this?What I'm thinking is a staff with ends covered in the stuff that strike-anywhere matches use (phosphor?). You could then light your staff by striking on the groun..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,209    Replies: 6
"Yep, I admit it; in fact, I'll scream it from the rooftops… “I'm a newbie!” But I thought that it would be better to embarrass myself and ask reasonably silly questions, than to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,141    Replies: 64
"i have been told that if you use wire wool on you poi then they will give off sparks,is this true?if yes how do you do it and whats the best stuff to use?nice one "
Views: 2,111    Replies: 0
"Hi, i want to get a custum fire lasso made for a friend and the retailer has asked me about length and width of rope. now i have no idea what she uses and seeing how its ment to be a su..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,299    Replies: 6
"Ok, so I've been playing around with putting massive wicks on staves for 6 months or so, and I thought I'd start sharing my findings with the HoP world. I'd also be interested to find o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,382    Replies: 8
"How to make poi/staff for using with lycopodium?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,751    Replies: 10
"I have a Concentrate Staff, which totally kicks ass, but I'm looking for something a little heavier - but I also want something that breaks down or gets easy to carry. Has anyone out th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,552    Replies: 7
"I have used my cathedral wicks (purchased from oddballs in Camden) for many years... about 4 years. They have served me well. I take care of them.. they have never had water on them. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,920    Replies: 14
"First, I wanted to say 'hi' to everyone. I have been reading this site for a while now, and the things that you people do with fire is amazing. Anways, I am most intrigued with fire bre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,639    Replies: 3
"MY partner and I want to start wearing masks when we perform. t i was wondering if anyone had any tips of things we should look out for if we are going to start spinning while wearing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,781    Replies: 6
"Hi guys! I recently obtained an extra set of blue LED poi, and want to buy some socks. I was looking at getting white ones, as I know they ship as blue balls with white socks, but then ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,076    Replies: 11
"Hello, this is my first time posting here. A friend of mine reffered me to here. If this is not the right place for a question like this, I apologize. A few weeks ago I was attending..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,997    Replies: 6
"So I finally spun fire for the first time on New Years Eve and It was an amazing experience. Just wondering... how does everyone out there stores their wicks after using them? Any sugge..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,635    Replies: 38
"Which different poi have you/do you own? (in historical order)glowballz -broke so sent back (were crap)football socks with tennis balls in poi poi cobra 2-crap so threw the handles and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,698    Replies: 10
"Can anyone help me? Please tell me the secrets of the Moonblaze Wrap?? Anyone? Im DYING to figure this one out... "
Last Reply by
Views: 10,130    Replies: 4
"I'm doing a new years gig, and I wanted to know what fuel I could use which would burn the longest. I'm currently using citronella oil, which gives me about 2 minutes burn time, but i w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,119    Replies: 1
"does any one on here have a set and if so how good are they ?? as been thinking of getting a set but am worried that they may brake or i will have problems with em .not very cheap to re..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,808    Replies: 5
"I have a pair of fabric poi, and its really bugging me because I still get the tails tangled... getting better at it but not quite there. My question is... what would you all recommend ..."
Views: 1,570    Replies: 0
"Do you think or have you tried making monkeyfists so that there are two next to each other? When you make one then you make another fist on the rope sticking out, as close to the first ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,140    Replies: 2
"Has anyone tried one of these:&lbr;http://fire.trickconcepts.com/tcf-010-06.htm&rbr; They look relly nice but, Are they any good for contact? And do they hold up well? I'd also like to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,613    Replies: 2
"I am planning on having a pair of fire fans made for me by a friend, but I need to have all the specifications known before that can happen.I've searched through some of the other threa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,567    Replies: 23
"well. let me start by agreeing with knagi- DON'T use straight coleman fuel, as it is HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE! mix it in with lamp oil as this will make it a heavier molecule, less vapour. plus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,859    Replies: 8
"Hi does anyone have any ideas about how to make an LED staff I thought of makeing a staff and somehow sticking LED sticks on the ends instead of wicks Any I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,030    Replies: 72
"has anyone tried / got any opinions on these?http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/Firetoys_Firbre_Pro_contact_Staff.htmlcheersEzra / Quiet"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,969    Replies: 17
"Not really sure where to put this topic! But anywayhttp://www.voltagehairgel.com/index.htmlThis was boingboinged today, I think there is more than one person on here who might appreciat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,647    Replies: 3
"little bit frustrating, everytime I do a show and the wind is to hard, I can't start the new oiled pows easily. can anybody help me with the knowledge about oil?oil that last a bit lon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,148    Replies: 21
"i am puting a lot of posts up here but i have lost o questions! weeewhere do i buy Aerotechs? i did a google search but NO RESULTS i feel like i can't use the internet properlyalso any ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,932    Replies: 2
"I have made a pretty cool discovery...Instead of buying your glow balls from *insert juggling shop name here* for £10 bucks a shot, why not tryhttp://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?Menu...."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,546    Replies: 12
"I've seen several threads about fire gloves for catching poi heads or for putting out fire toys, but i was interested in pure performance gloves.Instead of having 'flame hands' i was le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,297    Replies: 6
"im going to finalnd in a few weeks and would like to know what fule can i get when im there? because if im askin for one thing and its called another i will be screwd.thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,352    Replies: 1
"Hi everyone,I'm going to be heading to Beijing in mid-december to make an attempt at breaking the Guinness World Record for Highest Fire Breathe as a part of a Guinness Awards Ceremony ..."
Views: 2,271    Replies: 0
"If you're after making your own wooden peg stilts here's a nifty design. "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,489    Replies: 15
"As for myself i only use pure non smoking lampoil. I have never tried anything else, so i guess this is also what i prefer to use /Zeke"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter