Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,652    Replies: 7
"My girlfriend and I are interested in learning as many doubles-moves as we can. There is a higher sense of passion for spinning when you can share your "center" with someone else. We ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,994    Replies: 2
"I sent this to a list on this site some time ago, but don't think it read... It's a move worth becoming known, so I'm re-posting it.I haven't been active on these forums, and don't rea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 2
"i just started this today and i can get it to do one rotation but almost 85% of the time i hit myself ... is it that i jsut need to be moreflexible??"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,458    Replies: 11
"I have noticed that if I drop down on to my knees with a move; for instance, an over the head butterfly, the croud goes wild. You can also do a hand wrap, and move on to almost anything..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,538    Replies: 2
"I saw this one move at a club once and I would really like to know how to do it. This guy had the two poi spinning in a plane (not just parallel planes but in the same plane, chasing e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,675    Replies: 1
"This is a move I learnt off a guy called Sunny in Pushkar, India....You too can be Mohammed Ali!!! ( enough cheese )..... anyway,* whilst doing the butterfly* move your right hand just ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,436    Replies: 4
"like in the jo derry video on the videos page where hes spinnning them and it looks like their above his head forever, or like the first video called glowstix where she has them above h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,647    Replies: 10
"how do you do a butterfly with the Poi swinging in opposite directions????I have hit myself too many times.."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,641    Replies: 2
"None of you lot ever mention split timing or direction, just do whatever you do together but split it. dif= chasing the sun and windmill, you get the idea, same move but different. Also..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,873    Replies: 3
"According to the laws of physics, this does work. It needs a lot of practice and a lot of confidence. Here's the breakdown:Two people facing eachother spinning foreward slowly move towa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,507    Replies: 4
"Its more like moves stringed together with a couple of combos mixed in. i start it two diffferent ways.(Opening one)Forward weave..180 reverse weave..into a reverse butterfly (2beats)....."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,987    Replies: 1
"yesterday in nice sunny england i dropped all my work and went outside to try and master some new moves with my socks.i had looked at the webpage... i thought why not try the cork screw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,998    Replies: 1
"Im poor. And dishing out $15 for a set of fire poi is ok, but then you have to buy wicking and fuel and so on... So i got around to thinking how a Poor Boy like myself could just try F..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,341    Replies: 9
"Alright! I just started and I can do a lot of stuff: weaves, corkscrews, butterflys, mexican waves, etc. But what really pulls my ear is: How the hell do you turn!?! www.juggling.co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,799    Replies: 3
"So here's what I'd really like to do:weave a poi web around another personTwirl poi while someone works their way through the strings, some kind of perfectly harmonized dance, a Capoeir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,252    Replies: 13
"I am new to the board..(obviously) so i dont know if anyone has tred this or not, so here it goes..and please bear with me on the terms because i didnt even know this was called poi unt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,447    Replies: 5
"whatr wraps?!? i know a lot of trick but dont know the terminology that good... so.. what is it?tnx"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,189    Replies: 16
"Th efinishing move that i was trying to explain is in this video about half way through...it has a slight variation but it is basicaly the same.Plus i have to learn these wraps..A whole..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 3
"Ok, I've been spinning for just a little while (a month or 2), and im not that good yet, and I just wondered if anyone had some easy (*EASY*) combinations to suggest for me to learn? Al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,304    Replies: 11
"Hey, i was wondering... Is it possible to do a horizontal butterfly? Like you're doing the limbo and you have it over you? I tried with glowstix, but the strings keep getting tangled up..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,891    Replies: 1
"Take comfort in the fact that this move is easier to do than it is to explain ...Part 1:Have a squizz a Xaeda's move #18 - get this one down pat.Now, where Xaeda stops the pole(in her r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,193    Replies: 5
"the "burn the nose" move is very simple, but dangerous. only experienced spinners should do it.start spinning the poi forward on your sides.to "burn your nose", simply swing them to the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,750    Replies: 1
"Hephaestos, Next month, there is going to be a really good "rave" in Chicago called BUMP, its got richard humpy vission, diesilboy, paul johnson, funk master flex, 3 rooms. But it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,583    Replies: 8
"hey, ive got a little problem w/ my butterfly.when i start to go into it, 'n' i bring my hands 2gether, when the poi reach the bottom of their circle, they collide. why is that?help!!!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,799    Replies: 2
"I do all this with glow sticks and can do a lot of the begginer and some of the intermediate stuff. I was woundering if there are any good learning site that teach around my level."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,005    Replies: 9
"Ok, many of you probably know the move where you plant your feet facing North, rotate your body above the waist to face East, do a forward weave in that direction and then do a turn abo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,891    Replies: 3
"I learned how to do the corkscrew with glowsticks on short strings. Strings are no more than 6 inches long, plus the length of the glowsticks.I was looking at the video of a corkscrew o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,509    Replies: 11
"Hey all,Kinda new to this whole discussion group thing...I'm an Israeli poi swinger (there aren't many of us where I live), and I noticed that some combos I came up with aren't listed a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,561    Replies: 1
"Hi folks, I am having some problems with the 3/4 beat weave. I have been spinning poi for about 6 months, and I still am having problems... I can get just about everything else... fowar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,798    Replies: 12
"I've been doing poi for about 2 days now. I can already do weaves (3 and 4 beats), corkscrews, and some other stuff. But.... I can seem to get the butterfly just right. Sometimes I h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,245    Replies: 13
"Constantly switching from the forward weave to reverse weave seems to have a neat effect. By switching i mean the thing where you twirl around 180 degrees (the video on this page www.j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,081    Replies: 4
"Here's an easily adaptable butterfly combo that's so easy I can already hear you guys groaning "Yes, but can you do it backwards, hopping up&down on one foot while priming plastic explo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,871    Replies: 3
"I may just be repeating the obvious here, but just this afternoon i realised that you can go straight into a reverse butterfly from forward swinging by sort of crossing your hands and t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,100    Replies: 4
"In the process of trying to learn the behind-the-back weave (which I can now do without tangling the cables, but not without hitting myself), I figured out how to do this move--I had se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,181    Replies: 3
"hi there,still trying to nail down a single long chain: grabbing it by both ends i can do a lot of standard poi moves; Grabbing it in the centre i can do a few staff-like things, but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,771    Replies: 5
"why is it always poi moves? i dont have anything against it i think it rocks, but where are the staff moves in this section?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,172    Replies: 15
"Hmm, does anyone think we could use a chat room?&lbr;This message has been edited by Alexlexex (edited 25 February 2001).&rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,995    Replies: 4
"I know this couldn't be new but....extending your arms straight over your head in a normal helicopter/overhead butterfly, then turning it into the flip moves...alternate butterfly, wave..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,886    Replies: 12
"hey everyone, is anyone out there doing any bolo work? two short chains with balls on both ends? please share!!!-flavio"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,653    Replies: 9
"i've been spinning fire, mostly with clubs, sometimes staff, and, having just returned from new zealand, poi...for a few years now and i'm finally starting to feel ready to put together..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,131    Replies: 4
"Last night we had a spin jam here in Baltimore, MD. Now I have to tell you that Baltimore can most accurately be described as a drinking town with an (american) football problem. So i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,169    Replies: 6
"hmm unsure of the spelling but we used to do them horse riding.Found an interesting move involving 2 people on the "moves sent in by visitors" passing butterfly sorta thing. Just wonder..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,593    Replies: 3
"ok...so you do what is called on this site as the low wave (I always wanted to call it the hip flip but anyway)...if you stop alternating from front to back the poi end up doing reverse..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,330    Replies: 16
"Has any-one managed to do a 5 beat weave behind their back? Any hints, as I keep coming close, but then almost killing myself! All help greatly appriciated,Tim /|\"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,005    Replies: 2
"Here's an interesting move. But I think it'll only work with glowsticks.If you're swinging two glowsticks (on one string, one on each each) using two colors (one as the grip stick one ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,506    Replies: 1
"How on earth does the 5 beat work? I start with a standard weave but when my wrist wraps around my left and I shift to left the strings always get tangled. How do I correct this?Also ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,731    Replies: 1
"emmm since maeon mentioned sharing is good (hehe now everybody knows you are here again ), i'll share my first experiences from the newly discovered (for me) and painful (believe me yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,554    Replies: 3
"Basically what you do is do the corkscrew to the right only doing twopoint on the bottom and two on the top. Then transfer into a three pointweave. Then transfer into the corkscrew to t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,500    Replies: 5
"Right, hey one and all.I've been doing poi for about 2 weeks now, i'm still on the basics, Butterflys, weaves and windmill, just trying to get them going smoothly. But now that i'm conc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,333    Replies: 3
"Hi there!I´ve been following developments on this board for quite some time now and i think it really rocks. Its great to finally have a forum for sharing our thoughts on an activity w..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter