Forums > Social Chat > Surf & poi... another sub-community

Login/Join to Participate

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hi there,Since I'm the only bodyboarder/spinner of my area I wonder if there are a lot of sufers among poiers of this BB and if you feel isolated or a lot of your fellow sufers are spining/juggling too ????In fact It seems to me that spinning and surfing mix just fine. It require the same skillz concentration-motivation-fluidity and the same kind of pleasure... a pleasure in the move. Moving for moving and the beauty of it. PLUS Spinning is a good warm-up before a good session and there's nothing better than spinning around a fire on the beach after an hardcore session tongueIn fact I think it's a good idea for a poll to ask people of this board which "community" do they come from (excuse my english)It's seems there are a lot of- ravers- goths- pure jugglers- neo-hippies- ...etc...- surfers ????

o]-[DasK]-[o

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I am a surfer. :P None of my surfer buddies are into poi though. I love spinning at the beach....one of my favorite spots. So, I also, agree that they go hand in hand. ------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

edlomember
21 posts

Posted:
Nice to know there are other wave riders into POI! I'd like to give respect to the late Jay Moriarty and his family: 22yo Santa Cruz/Maverick's pro surfer who past away this weekend in a driving accident in India. Life is precious and not necessarily fair.

lunaphoriaBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
...and another one! I'm a long time surfer (35 yrs+????) and old-time hippie from North Beach, SI , NZ. Just discovering the wonder of fire. I've always been youthful in nature but even more so in recent years since embracing some elements of the rave culture. I turned 16 at the end of 1970 so enjoyed the early 70's as a hippie/surfer -a wonderful time in NZ! SalmonellaDub - creating the best surf music ever!!LunaSam

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
You forgot to addboarder!------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I'm a surfie chick, does that count? I've certainly fetched a few chiko rolls in my time! (that's one for the Aussies I'm afaid - Puberty Blues humour).Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
does that mean you identify with the girls in Puberty blues ? winkJosh

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Crazy thought:As anyone ever try to spin while surfing ??? (on a longboard it must certainly be easier) I would love to give it a try but with my BodyBoard it seems difficult (maybe in DropKnee ???)

o]-[DasK]-[o

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
does that mean i'm the only windsurfer?hang loose to all of you.we should have a surfing and spinning vaccation together.i stuck at the moment in canada,good for my performance,but i miss the ocean......

frank bentzin

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Communities? I'm probably the only miniature wargamer here. tongue

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Nope eyestorm... I'm 40k fluent. Marines and Orks. You?

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
HEYHEY! Another 40K Player. Who'da thunk it? smileI play Chaos(the Eyes of the Storm, hence my name smile) and Eldar. I moderate at the forums at The Warp (www.thewarp.net) and the Bolter and Chainsword forum(https://pub7.ezboard.com/bthebolterandchainsword). You should probably stop by them, especially the B&C(A Space Marine Forum), considering you play Space Marines. My name is "Moogoo the Great" on both. Hope to see you there. smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Cool, I love TheWarp. You going to Baltimore in two weeks? (Gamesday US) Should I bring my poi? wink[Ducks quickly to avoid moderators' "sword of off topic commentary"][This message has been edited by mrmo_nyc (edited 23 June 2001).]

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, you should definitely bring your poi with you when you come to Baltimore, and you should definitely try to hook up with us Baltimore peeps while you are in town!-p.

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
No, sorry. I'm going to the first Canadian GD though, it's not gonna be as big (only 1 day), but if you wanna come here, NY isn't so far from Toronto, and tickets are only 11 bucks Canadian. It's on August 26, I think. smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Josh,No way! I'm a feminist!Puberty Blues is about irony isn't it!Finn smile