Forums > Videos > How I found other "Burners" w/ video

Login/Join to Participate

MimiJulyBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
Hey fellow fire spinners,

I wanted to share with you can experience that has become a bit of a phenomenon in my life. The experience is meeting other fire spinners, and/or glow spinners when going out. When I started I would often find an EDM venue to spin a glow sticks around. When I’d find others, who came to the venue with the same intentions, it would just make my night. I eventually moved away from the city I started spinning poi at, and practiced on my own. After a few years, I became a little less interested in glow poi, and started spinning fire exclusively.

(I guess it wasn’t enough to have a ball hit me in the face occasionally, I had to set that b**** on fire as well. I don’t understand my own logic either…)

So this summer, I decided to just haul some fuel and poi when I returned to visit my old city. I never spun fire alone; in fact I seemed to have more company with fire than glow. I was approached one performer from Sweden who was just amazing! (Check Day 2 video below ) Have any one ever had this happen to them? I find this is the only way I can meet other “Burners.”
Thanks for reading! ;D

watch at around 1:22 to see the performer I mentioned.