DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I've been having a weird dilemma where on occasion, randomly, I'll be surfing HoP (it's just THIS site for some reason) and suddenly for no reason at all, my computer just RESTARTS itself.

Has anyone else had this problem or something similar? My Antivirus software is all up to date and as far as I know I haven't messed up my computer or anything. It just seems strange to me that the reboot always happens when I click a link on HoP - sometimes from the main page, other times I'll be going through several threads and in the middle of something big - but never on any other sites or when running any other programs.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
Perhaps all the fire is overheating your CPU.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
or maybe HoP is deemed a morally unacceptable site by parents/ other house mates, and theres a program installed to shut down the computer before you get corrupted.

i actually have no constructive advice - good luck!!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Try running the programs Adaware and Spybot to remove any spyware modules from your computer. Obviously you wouldn't have gotten them from HoP, but they might be conflicting with HoP's cookie system and causing the crashes. Just a guess...I honestly can't think of anything else. I just know that all that spyware crap can really fark up your computer in weird ways.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I'm guessing it's related to the fact that I have to run IE while I'm logged on to AOL during the summer months here... at school it has never been a problem because I'm on a permanent T3 connection and don't have to use the modem service. I'm betting it's yet another AOL gremlin... ah well, I'll be back at uni in 2 weeks so no worries

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.