FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
OK, I know there has been a few threads on this subject but its been a few years now...

Glow staffs for Contact moves... which is best!?

AeroTech, Concentrate and Flow Toys seem to be in the lead. I'd prefer one that can collapse down as I'm travelling but my fire staffs don't so its not a huge deal.

Any advice? I like fairly heavy staffs and I don't like bounce! I do very few throws and lots of contact and SoSC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! As I'm in a rush to get them before I hit the road again!

Cheers guys/gals!!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I just got some flowtoys modular parts, mostly for the poi but whilst I was there I got the handle and ends for the 6 flowlights staff. You can put on extra flowlights to add weight as you like, they recommend 2 each end.

I've not got enough experience to compare them with anything else.

wrt look of them - there was a YT vid a couple of months back with the same bloke spinning concentrate and flowtoys staves: not in the same frame but under the same conditions. I asked him and he reckoned the flowtoys were brighter if that matters to you. Sorry, I didn't bookmark it.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
flowtoys all the way

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

FearpigSILVER Member
279 posts

Posted:
I dunno.... I saw one of the 6 flow-light staffs the other day and wasn't overly impressed!
Maybe the batteries were just running low but the seemed to have a lot of flex and they rattled, I think I'd be worried about breaking it!

I really like the fact that they break down and can be used as poi / swinging clubs... decisions decisions!

Can anyone lend their opinions on the other brands?

FearpigSILVER Member
279 posts

Posted:
Here's the links and prices in AUD (because I'm currently in Australia!)

Concentrate
https://www.concentrate.com.au/index.php?...rt&Itemid=9
- Doesn’t collapse
- AAA batteries
- 4 hours (rechargeable)
- $284
- ~1420mm

AeroTech
https://www.aerotechprojects.com/2-products.htm
- Doesn’t collapse
- Internal battery
- ?Hrs
- $632
- ~1400mm (400GBP 32 LED version)

FlowToys
https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=111
- Collapses
- AAA batteries
- ?Hrs
- $280
- ~1400mm
- Includes poi adaptors
- Includes battery chargers

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FearpigI dunno.... I saw one of the 6 flow-light staffs the other day and wasn't overly impressed!
Maybe the batteries were just running low but the seemed to have a lot of flex and they rattled, I think I'd be worried about breaking it!

If that was at Spin Fest, the batteries were about full charge, as I charged them the day before I came down (it shouldn't make a difference according to flowtoys).

The flex / lack of stability issue is the most common criticism of flowtoys staffs that I've seen. Since I want them primarily as poi or clubs I'm willing to live with that, I'd expect a dedicated led staff to do better but have never actually had my hands on one.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
flowtoys are really tough so i wouldn't worry about breaking them, I've been using them heavily for years and everythings still in perfect working order, my oldest lights are about 4 years old from the 1st batch and are still working fine even after the abuse they received that year when I was still a beginner!!

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

CalibudGOLD Member
φωτιά
49 posts

Posted:
https://www.lightedlifestyle.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=led_staff

If flow toys aren't a must have and money matters, I suggest this one. My sister has a hoop and my buddy just bought the staff. They are plug in rechargeable. The staff is pretty heavy and being a poi spinner and only just beginning to play with other toys I like it for what its worth. No rattles and a solid tube construction.

masoncadeBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
i've heard that the collapsible flowlight staff feels more solid and rattles less than the 1 piece, but the one piece is more flexible and feels nicer to people who like one solid staff

<br />

CalibudGOLD Member
φωτιά
49 posts

Posted:
I've spun both stave. (as in the one piece, and the several piece) the one piece rattles barely at all, opposed to the flow light 6 light staff i spun at a benefit show the other night. that thing, you could feel rattle, when the music was up, and when it wasn't you could hear it.

Lightedlifestyles has a cool design, they pack the tube and all around the lights with some foam.

FearpigSILVER Member
279 posts

Posted:
Just an update but I went for two of the shorter concentrate staffs... the longer ones have too much wobble in them for contact but the shorter ones are sweeeeeeeeeettttt!