Forums > Social Chat > Waving to opportunities...

Login/Join to Participate

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
So, I'm browsing around the internet while relaxing after a long day at work when I come across something interesting.

"What is this?", I say to myself, as I peruse an advert for auditions being held. This looks amazing.

Be proficient in juggling: Check
" " comedy: Check
" " reading music: Check
" " playing an instrument: Oh... hmmm....

I then kick myself in the head for putting down a few different instruments in my time and never learning to play them.

So, as I wave goodbye to an interesting opportunity, I sit here pondering. Is this a sign that I should start to re-learn something, never knowing when it will come in handy in the future?

Comments or similar stories/situations welcome.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Do it because you enjoy doing it, not for any specific opportunity or purpose - that'd be my advice. It comes much more easy and you won't loose interest as quickly/ get frustrated that easily.

Sure, I do regret not having picked up the guitar, piano or even singing when I was younger ... picking something up is that much easier in earlier years ... then again ... if you really enjoy yourself doing it, it is never too late.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink