Posted:
-straight your arms
-clear your planes
-slow down

ninja

TrippinSmurfstranger
6 posts

Posted:
yeah there a bit heavy and im getti used to the wieght and I was really sloppy that night lol thanx for the input

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I would say practice more to get used to the weight without fire, but you seem at least good enough that you won't hit yourself. So might as well light those babies up because I they seem like they would be too fun to resist it grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

TrippinSmurfstranger
6 posts

Posted:
Ive been self taught like glow for like 7 years b4 fire (the whole clothing sticking to skin thing scared the crap outta me) but then I learned about cotten, denim ect lol doin fire for like 3-4 years I was playing with stalls i didnt really know how to do well but I think i got em well see ill post up a new one in a little while smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
if you haven't already, try to attach a weight to the end of your snakes - it will help a lot when playing slower.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

TrippinSmurfstranger
6 posts

Posted:
oh there heavy enough lol

2,280 posts

Posted:
How do you think those snakes would be with 1 inch rope? laugh3

BlackQuiltBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: [ Unregistered ]-straight your arms
-clear your planes
-slow down

ninja

Me personally, when I wanna do extensions and such I literally am unable to completely straighten my arm. They just can't reach a flat 180 degree plane.

But those poi head are sick. I love the way they look.

Trees are the Answer

2,280 posts

Posted:
Wow I only know 1 person who can't straighten their arms. And it's blocked by muscle, probably from improperly working out. I personally can hyper-extend my arms about 10 degrees or so.

TrippinSmurfstranger
6 posts

Posted:
I JUST started to try and extend my arms lol, I just played and taught myself ya know and it never occered to me duh big circles if you put your arms out... wtf was I thinking lol the 1inchers from the place i got em were like ten bucks more but these already kinda scred the hell outa me tongue2

TrippinSmurfstranger
6 posts

Posted:
here an old with my old poi a few byears ago.. mostly simple flow stuff but it shows im not that crappy like those first two looked like lmao

BlackQuiltBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitWow I only know 1 person who can't straighten their arms. And it's blocked by muscle, probably from improperly working out. I personally can hyper-extend my arms about 10 degrees or so.

I've been unable to since before I started working out seriously. On top of that, I shattered my elbow freshman and after rehab I didn't get full complete mobility back. So my left arm stops at about 175 degrees and my right arm at about 165~170. But don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure that doesn't really hinder my extensions.

Trees are the Answer

2,280 posts

Posted:
No it shouldnt hinder your extensions. Although you would probab;y use very slightly shorter poi than you normally would. Probably not even an inch difference though.