Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Interest in a UK workshop from world baton champion Annetta Lucero?

Login/Join to Participate

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Annetta Lucero is a multiple world champion baton twirling champion, choreographer and circus professional. She gave her name to the move 'the Lucero' and is generally really bloody good. If you have any sort of interest in contact staff she is very worth checking out.

Check out her website www.AnnettaLucero.com or this video

Anyway, she is coming to the UK some time around the end of October to teach workshops and I was thinking about helping her organise one (or 2 or 3). Essentially i am trying to gauge interest as it would take a reasonable amount of interest to make it worth while putting the workshop on. It would cost around £30 - £50 a day depending on the level of interest (less if lots of people are interested).
Ideally i would like to put on 2 days, one for beginner to intermediate one for intermediate to advanced. She does offer hour long one on one sessions as well but the price of these varies depending on the number of people / days she is booked for.

I'd be putting at least one workshop on in Bristol but if interest was there we could sort out other locations as well.

So, who would be up for it? smile

"Don't do it naked!"

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
That's something I'd be very interested in.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Sweet. That's one. Anyone else? please post if your interested, i need to get an idea of numbers to see if its viable before i book.
Cheers smile

"Don't do it naked!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'd love to but I don't have any holiday to book so would be unlikely to be able to get to one frown

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
It will probably be on a weekend so people who have normal 9-5 jobs can come.

"Don't do it naked!"

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
in Bristol eh?

am interested - although the distance is a little offputting - any word on accomodation thereabouts?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
For you Guy I could probably find some floor space at mine if you like. Alternatively there is a hostel in town that is pretty cheap.

"Don't do it naked!"

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Any more news about potential workshops happening end of October? I know of two people who would maybe want to extra fly in from Berlin- preferrably not on the weekend please

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
definatly interested.. London would be ideal but Bristol is possible for sure smile

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?

EmmCeeeFFBRONZE Member
145 posts

Posted:
What was the out come of this? Are there any plans yet?

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
If a weekend that would be cool, however if towards the end of november onwards I'll be on birth patrol so unable to leave the county in case marie drops.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.