Forums > Technical Discussion > What fuel for fire breathing ? (USA)

Login/Join to Participate

Guylistranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hello,

To put things simply i'm doing fire breathing and i recently moved from France to USA. Then big problem: i can't manage to find an equivalent of the fuel i am used to breath (please don't give me a link about the name equivalent in different countries, these fuel, kerdane or "firewater", can't be find in any of these tables).

I've heard of people using ultra pure lamp oil, or other stuff. So i'd like to have some advices from fire breather in US: which fuel are you using and where can i buy it, knowing that i'm looking for one with the lowest toxicity (and i know it will still be toxic).

Thanks

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

firebreathing is bad for you...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Guylistranger
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks, but that was not the point of my question. And i'm not trying to start fire breathing, i've already done it for a long time.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
It's still bordering on the off topic for HOP, given their expressed views.

I have no idea and in any case I'm not in the US: you might have more luck on one of the fire groups on Tribe.net - I have a feeling there might be a firebreathing one, although the only group I follow is the firearts FAQ one:

https://tribes.tribe.net/firefaq

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I used to do it. Never use Coleman's Camp Fuel (White Gas/Naphtha), learned that the hard way. You want Kerosene for it, people will use lamp oil because it's almost all Kerosene.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
the lamp oil burns cleaner then kero, everyone i know who does it uses ultra pure lamp oil

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Hmm, the only person I know who does it uses charcoal lighter fluid. I have no idea what the properties of that are for anything.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i used to do it, over time it damaged my gums, lungs and health, use parafin( aka kerosine/lamp oil) but it's your funeral if the wind turns the wrong way, a lot of long time firebreathers i know now suffer from lung conditions, and they were very good at it...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Guylistranger
3 posts

Posted:
I will try to find some lamp oil, thanks for your help.

SamhmanSILVER Member
35 posts

Posted:
Kero or that lamp oil stuff...the lamp stuff is nicer tasting

2,280 posts

Posted:
I don't even know where to get lamp oil smirk But the only way now that I would do it is if I was being payed a lot to do it. And I would tell them to let me know at least a week or two in advance to get myself back into it with water practice so I don't censored it up.