Forums > Social Chat > The "I'm can't go to Glastonbury and need to moan about it" thread.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Fire Monkeymember
176 posts

Posted:
ahh.
you guys out tonight at the uni?

Every ones a monkey!
Yes even you!

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
ooh rival thread!!

Pity you can't come, i'm feeling for you. It's just full of hippies and scallies anyway....you wouldn't enjoy it at all

Have one of these as consolation

N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
im not going, but my ****witt ex-boyfriend is, he doesnt even like R.E.M that much. so as well as "i got a new girlfriend shes really great" now i get to here "im going to glastonbury, your nooooooooot" and my friend at work is going and you know the worst part?! its on tv all weekend so i cant even pretend its not happening!!!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

- Alienfox -

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i've decided that i'm just too cool for glastonbury this year (or is that skint? i can't remember)

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I'm not going either and neither are any of my household but if anyone hears of any tickets going (max £150 offered) then my flatmate Tia wants one.

Aw well, I am going to a Mexican themed party and watch people get very wasted drinking lethal tequila cocktails. Now why on earth would I miss Glastonbury when I have all that to look forward to

Self delusion is a very important in order not to grow bitter :

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
he he he..self delusion lol.
oops

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

birdgirlBRONZE Member
48 posts

Posted:
I sooo feel you pain,i cant go either,some nonsense about having a job and actually having to be there im going to be listenung to it on the radio and seething with jealousy(oh i mean sending good vibes to all of the folk who did get to go)Arse.

spig--------Its not big and its not clever.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
quote:
i can't go

Aint been for a few years now. Always seem to be doing something really important .

I would have gone this year but it would mean swimming all of 7000+ miles,

fending off shark attacks and trying not to swallow to much sea water .

Am in India

all yall goin' have an amazing time.

safe guys

:garbo:

be excellent to each other: safe:

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
as my consellation prize i'm going on a training weekend instead, so i do still get to sleep in a sleeping bag!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i'm not going, and i just found out one of my favourite bands ever are gonna be there (the extremely groovy Yo La Tengo )

on the bright side, at least i get to spend Saturday and Sunday doing overtime at my wicked job!

wait, that's not right...

oh yeah, i hate my job.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I feel your pain, Simian.

Well actually I don't as I don't have to work Ah well you can always don a sombrero and join me for a boogie in Balham, I think I will be doing a rain dance

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
grumble grumble, dont have the money, grumble grumble.
On the plus side I'm heading off back home to madrid on sat.

I hope it pours & the whole thing gets cancelled- now that would be funny , mwahahahahahaha!!!!

(not that I'm at all bitter , spec not since my really-bad-taste-in-music-flatmate-so-he-wont-appreciate-it is going, grrr ).

off to cook some more pasta and sulk in a corner.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I'm not going either, I was but then I sold my ticket to Firemorph.

I'm just getting too old to carry all my stuff from the carpark to the main site.

Besides it's NOT the same without the travellers.

Are we nearly there yet?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
won't get cancelled if it rains.. glato waist deep in mud soup can be fun if you are prepared for it... watching all the little 6th formers in their trainers.. hours of amusment in past years

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
i wana goooooooooooo im so unbelievably bitter about this, stupid work, stupid not having money grrrrr

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I can't go either - no money, didn't know what i would be doing to try and get tickets before anyway.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

poiboy the pyroBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
my friend wanted me to post sometin

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I panicked when I saw this thread - thought ole Eavis had decided to beat the usual bun-fight and release the tickets early without telling anyone! eek

Anyway, it was great again last year - well prepared for them mud, scallies kept at a distance but Thistle's right - the worst bit is getting from the car-park frown

Heya to both anyways wavehello

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
No...the worst bit is going TO the car park.

When you are out of enegry and there seems to be 4 different floors you can walk on....thats when its a bitch.

smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
And you're dragging back all the crap you accumulated too... and a not-properly-put-down tent... and the clothes that you're sure fit in the bag when you got there but seem to have mysteriously increasded in mass (probably due to mud-saturation)...

Nice! smile And this thread... nice one to resurrect! Whilst random biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Nice to think of the summer as winter starts to take hold sunny

I can't actually remember the walk back to the carpark this year - which is worrying cos I drove home.... biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Im very worried that my A2 exams are going to be smack bang in the middle of Glasto this year, which is especialy annoying as i could go last year either due to my silly sister getting married.

fire leads to creation

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
why do sister's do that???

why do exams do that???

Euonymous Europeus

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Yes! My GCSE's end just as glasto starts. I can go! horray! after missing it for three years i can finnaly go again! Yay! Got a while to wait tho.... damn.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
gets us thru thr dark times tho....

Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: nearly_all_gone

Nice! smile And this thread... nice one to resurrect! Whilst random biggrin

You call this random? I'll show you random.....

*dashes off to annoy te heck out of UCOF and all the other people that hate Cantus bumping old threads*

bounce2

Meh

Page: