Forums > Help! > LED poi and dirt marks. Cleaning them?

Login/Join to Participate

wingednobodySILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Hi im new here. I just got my LED poi yesterday and played with them outside for hours. Unfortunatly one of them fell off thier cord (im using landyards) and fell on the ground. I also hit them against each other a few times (im a noob)
Im looking at them now and notice some circular marks on them that look a bit like fingerprints but could be dirt? what is the best way to clean off my LED poi? Thanks!
WingedNobody

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Are you poi the soft peachy plastic ball kind? the ones that look like frosted glass but are smooth to touch?

I have had good succsess cleaning these type of poi with orange oil cleaner and an old tooth brush. You can also use 'Spray $ Wipe' or some other kind of surface spray but orange oil works the best.

Just make sure that after you clean the affected area you wipe of any residue with a damp towel. Also make sure you don't get any water or cleaner any where near the battery casing area.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

stranger
4 posts

Posted:
They are a bit squishy. they are hard but not reeally. they are the
7 color fade rainbow poi they sell on this site. thanks for the idea. i think i may try that tomarow smile

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yup sounds like the same ones i have so this option should work for you.
If it is a though stain you will need to do a fair bit of scrubbing though.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

firestartedGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
Tears work. Lots of them.

stranger
4 posts

Posted:
thanks guys it worked by the way