T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
I am reasonably new to poi, so not to sure if Orbitals are considered advanced moves, so if this is in the wrong part then feel free to move it.

I can get into the orbital, I give it a tug and it spins lots and lots, but always tangles when I want to come out of it, I have watched the tutorial videos and tried over and over and over again but can't seem to get out of it frown

Any tips for me?

Any ideas?

EDITED_BY: T-S-A (1245023934)

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

DyamiTKGOLD Member
beginner forever
159 posts

Posted:
practice with two differently colored sock poi.

release the tug/ bring your hands back in closer together so that the rotation slows down and exit from that.

DyamiTKGOLD Member
beginner forever
159 posts

Posted:
one more thing,
work on developing your sustained hyper-loop control Matt Terry talks about here:

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZinyyJrFo

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Awesome, thankyou very much smile

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Because theres two poi there are two gaps. try two differently coloured poi and then work out which gap you have to go for, ie, after the red one before the blue one or after the blue before the red.

Practice exiting from hyperloops, not orbitals.

hug

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Don't try to exit when they are spinning too fast. You can slow them down by letting out a bit of slack just before you exit, this should help you see when to exit more easily.

As MNS says, get your exits from hyperloops nice and clean first it will help with your orbitals.

GreskSILVER Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
As stated different coloured poi help alot when learning to exit orbitals/superduperuberloops and there are also a few different methods out there that are taught in the vids about exiting orbitals.

For me however I do the following, (if I'm starting my orbital from forward spinning poi and entering on my right hand side), allow the spin of the orbital to start to slow and then move my LEFT hand to my LEFT hip and extend my RIGHT hand away from my body to my left hand side and forwards. Ensuring that the poi chains remain parallel to the ground is the one thing I must do for this to work. The poi 95% of the time for me simply unwrap making for a smooth exit and resulting continuation of fluidity in movement.

(As above the same exit placing when doing a hyperloop.)

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Great help everyone, thankyou, I finally managed to pull a few very sloppy ones out of the bag, but at least I can exit them now so lots of practice to get them nicer... If there is any more tips I should consider they would be very much appreciated smile

GreskSILVER Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Nick Woolsey has 3 videos with specifics to orbitals/superduperuberloops both entry and exit, one of the 'live lessons' from the bali retreat that was broadcasted has a lot of really good pointers if I remember rightly.