NoiseyflowerBRONZE Member
Yell and scream all you like
53 posts

Posted:
When it feels like the entire world is against you what do you do??? I DON'T KNOW!!!! hence i need help.. any suggestions on how I can cheer myself up? I've already tried fire, bacon and chocolate n I still feel terrible.

School is getting me down because of all the massive assignments piling up ontop of me (not to mention exams start in 2 weeks0, stupid prissy girls wont allow my yr12 formal after party poster to stay up for more than an hour when all I'm trying to do is put on a good night for my year level, not to mention my recent break up which has left me feeling miserable and lonely. frown

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm just a miserable soul looking for a boost up.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I tend to exercise(poi)... thats what works for me.

But I also tend to take a view of the world in which anything that doesn't work my way I don't stress about. Getting upset only decreases my ability to be able to deal with it.

I carefully analyse what I CAN do about it and then think through how I might go about that.

But thats what works for me... doesn't work for everyone.

When the above fails I'll talk to my friends about it... complain a bit and then listen to music... either upbeat stuff or something like the mountain goats that tends to be about anguish filled and spiteful relationships in some form or another.

The same goes with movies. Something like Love Story (1970) is a fantastic watch if you're after a bit of a tear jerker... always does it for me.

Or my box set of Monty Pythons Flying Circus... or perhaps a bit of The Mighty Boosh for a little light relief.

As a side note... you're from Melbourne... would I have met you at any of the Sunday meets? My name is Stuart.

hug

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts
Location: Anglesey, Wales, UK soon to be Lincoln, England (s...

Posted:
Relax, trust me when I say this that although it feels like it will, School will not kill you (no I wont be patronising and say its the best years of your life, as I hated school myself). Its nearly the weekend. If the prissy bints keep taking your posters down, get a friend or two, a couple of thousand leaflets, some paste and either paste the leaflets to them or just everywhere else they go,(ie their locker, their house, the path they take to school)
Or you could just do a leaflet drop around school, in a dinner break, take your time doing it chat to people and you will probably be pleasantly surprised how many people may give up some time to help you.

But seriously kick back, stick your headphones on, and trawl MySpace for unsigned bands, you will find some good stuff, some rubbish stuff, some plain weird stuff and a lot of funny stuff. Its entertainment.

From Within Chaos Comes Order

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
No matter what youre going to be a little off due to having a lot of work to do.

Contact sports really help though, I reccomend kickboxing, you get to work out and hit and kick things which really releases a lot of tension. Or do a 4 of 4 favourits at the same time.eg: your favourit food in your favourit place, with one of your favourit people listening or watching one of your favourit songs/movies, followed by a bit of a moaning session. Always works for me!

In the end though, it will all be fine anyway. I promise.

smile hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
sex could cheer me up... maybe it'll work for you... grin

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
First things first hug sunny

Exams are always a stress but if you work hard now it'll pay off later, a good idea to try and keep focused and motivated to work until you feel you know the information well enough, and remember it'll all be over soon!!

Also break ups are always hard but I can't say anything that'll make it better, that will come in time.

As for prissy girls if they can't accept that all you're trying to do is give the opportunity for your year to have a good time they may not be worth inviting. How possible is it to spread the news of the event by word of mouth?

In the meantime.... #smile...though your heart is aching...# smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I really should have been more specific in my approach to the issues.

Prissy girls don't matter. Full stop.

Originally Posted By: burningoftheclavey
Exams are always a stress but if you work hard now it'll pay off later, a good idea to try and keep focused and motivated to work until you feel you know the information well enough, and remember it'll all be over soon!!

For myself personally the best thing to do would be to study my buns off for a week and then slack off for a week because I do a LOT better if I'm relaxed when I stroll into that exam.

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
just had "that perfect treatment", when a good old friend was in urgent need of it... If I come across another one, I'll send you...

hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
oh, try this for the time being

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
Wow I was already feeling great and that video made it even better!

As far as helpful advice goes, I can't offer an more that what other people have said. Prissy girls suck and aren't worth your time. Break ups suck and thats all there really is to that. It sounds cliched, probably cause it is but time does heal. I guess the only reason it's said so often is because it's true. I guess just try and find time to do things you love and just try not to fret!

Also, it might just be me but this video always makes me smile.

Let my words, dear friends, be treasures. Weightless golden butterflies that hang before your eyes for seconds, then are gone. But the dust of truth and beauty that their wingbeats leave behind will settle on your soul and make you happy. - Edward Monkton

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
you know that there is someone special everywhere... just take a look around you (first oyu got to open your eyes, of course) and spot this one, who got a smile on her/his face... It's quite okay to taste a little bit of their juice...

After all, smiles - like love - grow and spread, when shared.

wink

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I need a cheer up, I just had to have a nasty confrontation at work in a meeting with some people and something I said while really stressed was blown out of proportion from yesterday. When asked if a particular person (who happens to be a someone I get on well with and really respect) was able to cover me I said that I would not be comfortable with that as the last time she did it didn't work well. This was then taken to mean that she was incompetant, which she most defenitly is not and was not something I wished to imply. I simply meant that this kind of thing needed to be seen from one end to the other by the same person and using different people to do different bits was quite ineffective in my experiance. I didn't explain this however and now people think I said that she is incompetant. This girl wasn't even involved in the meeting but I'm sure this will get back to her, and I feel really guilty even though my only crime was not explaining myself when I was already stressed about another matter. Grrr.

I need a hug. frown

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Wraith_DividendSILVER Member
Bunny Bane
205 posts
Location: i cant see because my head is up my posteria, Engl...

Posted:
i may only give you cyber hugs *huggins*

try listening to weird al yankovic "yoda" it's a smiley song

if life is for love then to love is to live
-
a quote from me!
-
god i love me
-
and i while typing this im just itching to get back to my toast
-
YAY TTTTOOOOAAAASSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
-
oh and by the way you just lost the game

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hug I can always jump in my car and come hug you hun just drop me a text and I'll be on your doorstep as fast as I can No one makes lolo cry :angry:

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hug Thanks guys. Thats ok Mynci, I'm much better now. had a chat with the girl in question before anything could get back to her and everything is ok. Big hugs for you hug grin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Good grin bounce2

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LkLjourneyman
79 posts

Posted:
You guys have to remember at all times, good times, bad times, that you control how you are. If everythings negative you have to make it positive. You will control how you feel. I use to be depressed alot and sad and upset but best way to make it right is turn ever negative into a positive. Even as hard as it may be some times.
I Hope all goes good for ya'll
<33