joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
who can help me ??

need all informations about shamanism with fire, rituals, new and all cultures --vid-s, books ,people --

thanx a lot

josh

www.firechili.com

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im sure google or Wikipedia can help...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine uses fire in his Shamanic ceremonies... but really, it's going to be hard to get any good information, since Shamanism is so interpreted - in other words, each Shaman could use it differently.

It's used, of course, in the big ceremonies (Imbolc, Lughnasa, Beltane, Samhain and the Equinoxes) in a symbolic way... Check out the Edinburgh Beltane celebrations for a more mainstream, public use of fire in the ceremony.

Getting to the other side smile

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
I think perhaps you need to narrow the question a bit! It would take years to link you to all the information about fire and shamanism! tongue2 what aspect are you interested in specifically?

xoxox
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Sunbird can help - but not right now, he's at work lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
SOunds like there's a bit of confusion (or running together anyway) of paganism and shamanism here. They are different, no?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

deshriaSILVER Member
Vagabond
3 posts

Posted:
Even in Shamanism there are such a wide varieties of cultures under it that the question is way to broad to answer.
I can think of one ceremony of the top of my head tho that might be interesting to you tho. In peruvian shamanism there is a cleansing ceremony were the healee is stripped down to nothing goes to the center of the village and the shaman "spits" fire on every surface of hir body.
It would help to know why you want this information. Like is this for your personal practice or for an anthropological reason. And if your looking for neo-shamanic practices they very widely from one practitioner to another. I would recommend www.witchvox.com and various festivals to just ask people how it is incorporated in there practice. And that might even give you an interesting comparison in the use of fire in neo-shamanism vs neo-paganism. Good Luck and Happy hunting

Dance while the moon is full and don't borrow sorrows till they come

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
hey all !!

thanks to all answers..

what-s my aspect..

i would like to learn more about..and to fill up my pratice with a good new spirit grounded in my heart...

combining my fire spinning and show with a ceremony

..holy smoke, chanting,..asking great spirit a.s.o.

fed up a bit of just doing shows for buisness, consuming, and all kind like this...

a bit i trustmore all this all cultural strories like this peruanian thin you spoke about or polynesian rituals or mayan- natives of norhern america ,celtic roots...

found something of babaji rituals..also interesting..

thats what i am

whats baganism ??? can you explaine ?? never heard..i-m, german and if i translate it makes some sence but not really..

love
josh

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Hi, I witnessed a beautiful ceremony at a party by some spanish(?) people who said it was an ancient celtic ceremony, however the words were written in spanish. Basically an alcoholic punch was made and put in a bowl, before being set on fire. Everyone had a go at ladling the burning liquid and pouring it back into the bowl until the flames died down. They then said the spell, which basically translated as that when the liquid was drunk the flames would burn all the negative spirits inside everyone and warm the positive ones. Everyone had a drink and it tasted amazing (although it burned like whisky on the way down the throat!) I was told the recipe but cant remember it at present, sorry smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
hey all !!

i got something to share, cause i think i found a good way to step deeper into what i was looking for. !"!

a german friend showed me on

google video the film

"Fire on the mountain:
a gathering of shamans"

great one..i-m still bit stupid to set links

-if somebody could help ?ß

it-s a great film just now saw only 25 min. but i-m looking forward to see the rest

enjoy

and lets remember our holy fire gift and responsibility !!

thanks a lot !!

love and peace

josh
EDITED_BY: joshgomera (1240914098)

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
here !! the video

enjoy josh

https://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=4749156257249602834

EDITED_BY: joshgomera (1241272981)