Forums > Technical Discussion > Glow Sock Poi vs Glow LEDs on Strings

Login/Join to Participate

LillacSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Ok so I bought my self some practice sock poi this year but I am wanting to upgrade to glow poi. The sock poi is ok, but I am wanting to spin fire as well. I want something bright and durable.

My question to you is should I get the green sock poi on here or the rainbow balls? And if the rainbow balls, should I get chains that I can just switch out from poi to poi or nylon strings?

I really like the rainbow ones, does anyone know if they can just stay one color, or does it always fade? I am also worried that they will break, so how durable are they?

Ty everyone for you help in advance. I can wait to get started! weavesmiley

~ I spin to be dance, when I dance I am free...and freedom is one step closer to home!

Lillacmess @ Deviant Art

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
They are durable but not that bright (definately not brighter than glow sticks) The cords depends if you want them to stretch. Foxy socks are very stretchy so not very good for stalls and isolations. However nylon cords are harder to learn with because they tangle easily.

Just get hyperlights, problem solved!

LillacSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys for your advice, I am going to go with the rainbow glow balls! I can't wait till they get here! biggrin Huggles!

~ I spin to be dance, when I dance I am free...and freedom is one step closer to home!

Lillacmess @ Deviant Art

kodastranger
1 post

Posted:
hmm what are hyperlights?

i am having the same problem
i cant decided if i want oggz that are rechargeable on cords

or do i want multi color/pattern battery poi on cords

or do i want sock poi

i think what a want to do is combine the two, buy two rechargeable rainbow fade oggz and two very cool looking socks that give off an effect such as the jailbirds or whatever.

some one help me out
i want nice poi that will last and a can play with n have a great time=]

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
sounds like you want something like this -

oggz in white custom socks

either that or just get some cheap practice poi and flowpoi. make sure you get colecord, its cheap enough if you buy 4 metres

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: kodahmm what are hyperlights?

They're really just a bit tease - the brightest LED poi you've ever seen, reprogrammable and nice to spin with. But I said I'd start selling them about 4 years ago or thereabouts, and I'm still not quite finished cry

Non-Https Image Link

I'd say take a look at the website, but it's down for maintenance at the moment.

Cake or Death?

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
I am hyperlight anxious to get a pair... When are you planning to sell those?

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!