Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hi Rougie,

I recognise that there has been an atmosphere of hostility between us for a long, long time.

Exchanges between us online are not pleasant to witness.

The more i self observe, the more i realise that my own motivation is the desire to match anger, to be right. This reaction has everything to do with ego, and is not the person i want to be.

At a time when HoP is experiencing a percieved decline in activity, I would like nothing better than to stop indulging in this cycle that does not make anyone any happier.

I want to show you that ego means little to me and i unreservedly apologise for all the passive

and overt aggression shown toward you. What i ask for is an opportunity to reconcile. I understand that this apology will only be legitimate if i back it up with action.

b

The first version of this message was littered with vegemite references, however better (if less nutritous) judgement prevailed.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
you know, this is exactly the reason I keep coming back to HoP

this place facilitates reflection on ourselves unlike any other place on the net

and allows bridges to build where other places would just burn them...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
anything that keeps Home of Poi home keeps me happy smile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

6,978 posts

Posted:
coolness. i look forward to acting like an adult again smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
BENDER! help please don't wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

6,978 posts

Posted:
Lol there's a little latitude where a person can be serious and lighthearted. The key point i wanted to make was that my motivations and reactions in response to Rougie was basically daft and that's not what i want to become.

We're each not on this planet forever, I don't want to wait too many more decades to get a clearer perspective on how i treat others. With luck, I'll be present minded enough to act closer to what I'd like to be - in terms of HoP, recognising the negative vibes that you guys had to watch is a big deal for me.

smile

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i miss you bender hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hug

I'm so happy that Rougie and I got over this already smile Would wish to have the same with a few other members of this board, because - as you correctly imply - it can be too late at some stage...

grouphug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink