Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Tangles......Stangles and Pangles......

Login/Join to Participate

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
I don't believe this has been covered before here. This is a post that I made elsewhere but it seems I get the most discussion and feed back on HoP so......yeah......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So has anyone played with pendulums and stalls while tangling?

I've been playing around with these lately, still not clean all the time, and I'm loving them. I call them Pangles and Stangles, they don't Hyperloop or Airwrap but they do make the same tangle pattern with the chord of the poi so their in a tangle class all their own.

Pangle: If you do a butterfloop except one rotates one pendulums.

Stangle:If you do a loop of some kind(its possible from many directions) around a stalled poi.

I do some here:

In the description is the times I hit certain moves if you want to jump right to them.

I also do some of the other things I've been playing with like Atomic tangles V+H, timing and plane changing tangles......stuff......

The camera is crap and I forgot to do a bunch of stuff that I want to get out there but theres always next time wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that when I do the quick to slow timing changes it looks like the video is jumping, its not, thats the effect the timing change has on the crappy camera I used.

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Tangles are my weakpoint so I can't contribute but there was a thread on the stalls a while back...

[Old link]

There you go! biggrin There was another, but this one ended up having video.

Nice work. ^_^ Keep poi'ing!

hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Sweet idea.

Pity my stalls are rubbish. :P

Something to work on though....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
MNS: Thats more plane change tangle stuff, I do lots of that but only a little in this video around 1:55
The stalled ones I'm talking about are at 0:28 and the pendulum ones are at 0:19, 4:16 (sloppy), and 5:18 wink

Thanks aston wink I discovered yesterday that the Stangles look sweet if you do a box pattern with the stalled poi and stangle around it.

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I think this might be the thread you're looking for (or at least there'll be a link to it in there)

[Old link]

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

russtafaristranger
16 posts

Posted:
ahhh i was gonna mention tangled wibbles but i see you've already got them down at around 1:30 smile
nice moves, lots of ideas to play with...