Forums > Social Chat > the lackadaisical psychic

Login/Join to Participate

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I think I'm psychic; but it seems I'm always a day late...

I was at work on monday and came across a link that informed me that brissie's zombie walk had been and gone the day before.

and today... I came across another link that told me that 'the dropkick murphy's' were playing in brissie... the day before.

I'm beginning to see a pattern... I know things are going to happen, without being told, but it doesn't come to me, until the very next day. when I figure out how to harness this amazing new-found ability, I promise I will use my powers for good, not evil...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Sounds more like a curse than a blessing, finding out important information a day too late.

We need to think of a situation where this power is useful... none are coming to mind at the moment, if any pop up I'll let you know.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
*sigh* dropkick murphys...brilliant band live..went on stage with them.../rubbing it in wink

you could maybe set your calender a day forward so that your mind thinks its a day later, and then your psychich abilities will come out in time for you to enjoy them?

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
arrrghh, no... that's just unnecessarily cruel... frown I've not seen them live, but I've been keeping an (obviously somewhat unreliable) eye out for their arrival...

nice idea re: the time-piece trickery; the only flaw is that I neither wear a watch, own a calendar or even know which day it is, half the time... I'm sure there's a workable idea in there, somewhere though...

and cheers, nathaniel... it's a blessing, cleverly disguised as a curse... just gotta figure out how to reveal it's silver lining...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Hypnosis? If it's your subconscious body-clock that's controlling this ability, if you could receive hypnotherapy to trick your mind into thinking that it was a few days ahead, you'd be able to use this power.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Aww...you just need me there to be your calendar, again...I can 'bump' your abilities into sync... wink

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
ahh sorry pogo. but definitely worth seeing when they come round again!hug

good luck with psychic timewarping wink sunny

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Don't go turning up to the wedding a day late, you'll miss out on all the free alcohol!! ubblol bounce bounce2

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Nah, he'll be there...I guarantee it...free alcohol, or not...altho, the issue of whether he'll be wearing shoes is still up in the air... biggrin peace

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin