Forums > Social Chat > What Celebrities have you met/know?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I went to school with Amanda Bynes from like 2nd to 6th grade.

I lived a couple houses down from, and interviewed Sparky Anderson in the 4th grade.

When i moved out to AZ, i met Jenna Jameson when i worked at Safeway, she was looking for ketchup.

That's all i can think of right now. Who do you know?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
I met Calvin Harris @ the ironworks in inverness. I told him I saw his bum when he bent over at the front of the stage. ubblol

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
When I was doing the university admin thing I got to robe up celebs who were receiving honorary degrees. I did Matthew Pinsent (six foot five, fifty six inch chest), Terry Pratchett and John Peel.

My mum worked as a gastroenterologist with the Other Bloke who walked across the Antartic with Ranulph Feinnes (Mike Stroud, seeing no one ever remembers him, poor chap).

When I was a checkout chick Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz tried to push in the line to get served first. I refused to unless she got to the back of the line so she stormed out. Losing your skirt on Eurovision ain't grounds to get your lightbulbs through the checkout first in my book.

I lived with a music journalist in my second uni year. I came home once to find all of Catatonia sat in my lounge room. Didn't recognise them at all, would have offered them the good biscuits otherwise.

ooh, and I once sat next to Ashley from Neighbours on a train.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I used to work at Manchester airport a few years back and met Eagle Eye Cherry (son of Don Cherry, brother os Nenah Cherry), Ian Brown, PSV Eindhoven and a few minor british soap stars.
I once turned down advances from Tina O'brien when she was about 16 whilst I was working in a night club.

More recently I met Hugo Weaving (Priscilla; Queen of the Desert, Matrix trillogy) whilst raising money for charity in Melboune, He donated $5 as well cos he didn't have any change smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I was in an elevator with John Butler recently... He was being interviewed by a company that occupied a suite on the same floor as my beautician. Of course, I had just been to see her and was glowing red from a very obvious lip and brow wax. Couldn't really be a more inopportune time to meet someone famous.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I meet Hakeem Oljauwon (sp) and Kenny Smith from the rockets .

And i've meet the lady above .

And i've played basketball with ex nbl payers.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

monookiBRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Mine are all crappy. I was in a checkout line with Peter Stringfellow and Eddie Izzard. I was at party with Robert Smith of The Cure and interviewed Simon Le Bon in his house in Putney xD

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: flash fire

I was in an elevator with John Butler recently... He was being interviewed by a company that occupied a suite on the same floor as my beautician. Of course, I had just been to see her and was glowing red from a very obvious lip and brow wax. Couldn't really be a more inopportune time to meet someone famous.

For some reason I thought I was reading a post by Josh and wondered about him getting a brow wax.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I went to school with johnny lee miller (sickboy from trainspottiing) he was crap at football ubblol
met
Natalie imbruglia
keith - the prodigy
90% of the old british athletics team (I was an international athlete)
the wonder stuff
bill beaumont (question of sport/english rugby)
Wigan rugby league team 1996
London broncos rugby league team 1996 (was in their acadamy side)
Jamie redknapp (bought me a beer)
whole liverpool team 1999 (came for a drink in the bar I worked at in southampton after a game against southampton)
too many sportsmen
terry pratchett - book signing
some more when I was on TV too many to count really.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
 Written by: monooki

Mine are all crappy. I was in a checkout line with Peter Stringfellow and Eddie Izzard. I was at party with Robert Smith of The Cure and interviewed Simon Le Bon in his house in Putney xD

Eddie Izzard is great! ubblove I'd be a bit starstruck by Robert Smith too, they're not crap! Beats Jet from Gladiators any day!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I've played poker for match sticks with Errol Brown (of Hot Chocolate) and Peter Stringfellow, I was about 8yo at the time.

I've met Lightning and Wolf from the Gladiators.

I've had a drink with the boys from Good Charlotte.

I've pissed of Danny Filth (from Cradle Of Filth) in his local.

I've attended a dinner with Omar Shariff.

and while this probably doesn't count Liv Tyller waved at me during a parrade and shouted that she liked my hat smile

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Page: