TribalBeatsSiouxSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
Does anyone of that clip in a bigger format? I am trying to learn it, but can not see it across the room.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
low turn was one of the hardest things for me to learn. The womans voice on the video is so annoying once you have heard it once.

I might record one for you tonight if i have time

72 posts

Posted:
That would be so cool if you could do that. I ordered the DVD so it will be easier to learn, but have not gotten it yet. It should be here in the next week or so.

Cheers mate.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
please note that if you want to turn with your poi in a high or low reel/turn... or any move!!

then there is a simple method in which to remember and learn when to turn.

if your turning to the left and the poi if moving in a forwards motion / or turning to the right with the poi moving in a reverse movement:

then you need to have the poi in 6 o'clock position when making your turn (or moving the poi in a transition).

If your turning right with your poi moving forward or turning left with the poi moving in reverse then:

your poi need to be in the 12 o'clock positing when making your turn (or moving the poi in a transition)

This same rule applies to basically a lot of moves.

EDIT

Also come to think of it, to which ever side that you want to put the poi in order to turn or move them, you need to think about how you are going to direct them. say if you are making a left turn your left poi will need to pretty much stay put! and act as an axis point, your right poi will need to start moving with you as you make a pivot with your left foot planted to the ground... as it is difficult to turn using both feet moving in opposite directions at the same time so i suggest pivoting for the time being... the same applies to turning right and pivoting with your right foot still.

Once you have learned turns and reels than you will find a new balance in movement with your poi, learning directional hand movements is essential as at some point you might want to learn through the leg turns which use the same basic movements and logic but directing one poi between your leg and as you pivot around which ever way that it will return through your legs again.
EDITED_BY: PK_ (1190990377)

72 posts

Posted:
Thank you PK, that makes complete sense now. I think I just might go find a no traffic area here at work and try it, LOL weavesmiley

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
No worries Sioux... just get a feeling for it... even try it with out the poi wink the imagination is fun... and less dangerous on work colleagues :P

72 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PK_

No worries Sioux... just get a feeling for it... even try it with out the poi wink the imagination is fun... and less dangerous on work colleagues :P

Funny you say that PK, I am always moving my hands and arms without the poi while at work.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
some may look at it as a sign of craziness wink

72 posts

Posted:

some may look at it as a sign of craziness wink

My co-workers think that I am crazy anyways spinning weavesmiley

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ubbloco

Yay for office spinning lol

72 posts

Posted:

ubbloco

Yay for office spinning lol

BTW....I work at the airport, LOL

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
just be careful where ur spinning poi then k!.. dont want no planes going off course ;=

72 posts

Posted:
No worries about that. I am not out on the runway.