Forums > Help! > Project Management Methodologies

Login/Join to Participate

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ok, if you don't know what a project management methodology is, then i suggest you hit the back button wink

I'm doing a degree through my work and i'm onto my final project before finishing. For my final project i am going to analyse a project management course i'm currently undertaking with my work. This is teaching me my companies way of doing project management and all about it's own methodologies e.g PM2

So i would like to know if anyone here works for a company which has their own project management methodologies and how they compare to global metholodogies such as PRINCE2. If discussions in public are bad, please PM me.

I fully expect this thread to disappear within hours, however this was the only place i could think of to ask very helpful people from different backgrounds and countries.

Any help would be great.

Gayle.....!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm a Project Manager. My methodology? Juggle. Seriously! And I'm not too hot at Juggling.

I've lived through a few strategies and regardless of thier flowcharts and processes the best PMs are those that communicate with everyone at an equal level, understand and then go sort the problem out.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dom. smile I juggle in the office to amuse others, they seem to think i'm some circus freak!

However, i'm trying to find out what other company specific methodologies there are out there and how they compare to PRINCE2 for instance.
For my project I'm going to be comparing my companies project management methodology PM2 with PRINCE2 and felt it might be nice to add in examples of other company specific methodologies and how they compare....

Gayle.....!