Page:
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
or is it just me?
When i fist joined every one was like a family, lots of support, views imputted but i can never remember it being so stressed. I used to enjoy the thought of coming on line, seeing what has been posted and joining in. It seems that nearly every thread has far too much grrr than needed. people show different views and others get offended and things just start getting nasty.
Maybe it is just me and when i joined was blinded by the newness of it all but in all honesty i miss the 'old' HOP and all of the people i considdered friends. frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I actually startd lurking on HoP for a while precisely because I thought HoP hadn't changed, whilst I had (with regards to message boards and chat forums).
However travelling and meeting a few certain individuals showed me thatit's the difference's on here, as well as the similarities, that make this sight so enjoyable, and why I keep returning to catch up with the great friends I have made on here. kiss

And as for Jon:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Thank god,
I'd be rubbish at being anyone else.
Im rubbish at being me for a start.

eek

That's a down right lie! You're great at being you. I don't think anyone on here would change you, even if we thought we could hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi all, havn't posted much for a while, but still visit and view a few treads here n there, so I guess u could say I'm a bit of a lurker these days.

Has HoP changed? Yes in that in looks different and there's so many ppl on these days, No in that you still get all the same banter there always was, just different folks.

And I agree with the whole change/evolution is inevitable line, embrace it! beerchug

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
Froggy, i think there is grr, that's why i left for a while. i had enough grr in my own life, i didn't need it on hop aswell. I'm still only tentatively posting and i'm not posting in any threads that have any sort of potential to turn nasty. so only icecream threads for me.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I don't know about grr, but then I don't usually pay it much notice, or let it bother me when people are being silly... most Grr I've seen on HoP is usually down to problems with communication and people phrasing things badly, people not thinking through what they're saying properly or cultural differences in understandings about certain issues.

I have noticed less new threads being created (not necessarily a bad thing!) and it seems to have been a bit quiet the past couple of weeks. There's been nothing new in Social Discussion for a while now... but then we've discussed an awful lot of topics in the past few years!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes its changed, like all forums do, I've been on others before that have done the same thing. As the people come and go the post become different with all the different personalities, it cant be helped. It takes some time to notice, perhaps a year or two but the time will come. It does blow a little I suppose, but there are worse things in life.

While hop might change, hopefully you froggy, will stay the same hug. I didn't get to meet you at play...bummer frown

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
changed? well i've changed. of late i'm just not as interested in posting here as i used to be, to me its starting to feel like everything has already been said, just like the reoccurance of this thread ...5? times ubblol and being able to look in the discussion thread and predict who is going to be arguing for which side in different threads makes it all a bit tiresome for me. but i'll hang around, i hear some of the members here also enjoy playing with fire biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

i hear some of the members here also enjoy playing with fire biggrin

you bring about a valid point....

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

(...)being able to look in the discussion thread and predict who is going to be arguing for which side in different threads makes it all a bit tiresome for me. but i'll hang around, i hear some of the members here also enjoy playing with fire biggrin

Humm - makes me want to change my stance, just to be less predictable wink Or get a whole new identity, like registering "TomFire", argue pro guns and in "the last person to post in this thread wins" only... wink

Spin fire? *scratches head* wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i thinks its just evolution then and alot of worry/paranioa on my side?!

sorry i have not been around much and i do know i have been keeping quiet in HOP over the past year or so, again paranioa. Play made it a bit better, it was nice meeting up with old friends again and having hopper hugs are the best.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yep strugz just left..apparently

hug for froggy biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'll give ya the biggest hug when i see ya!.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

yep strugz just left..apparently

ubblol hug

PK hug yeay hug

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Mech also abandoned us too... he declared himself absentee in the strugz thread.

He's on my MSN... so i cant get rid of him!, he's always there.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Why would you want to get rid of the lovely Mech? He's ace!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i know it just doesn't make sense

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cnnfuzzled.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hug

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think one thing is that we're all young, so we're used to the way things have been for only a short while. Our formative years were stable for a lot of us, and we didn't see things change.

But now we're adults and we get to ponder the vast whirlwind of change in which we live. I wonder if he human brain is meant for this kind of adaptation. Think of it; for hundreds of thousands of years, humans lived as hunter-gatherers. Over a typical 30-40 year human lifespan, nothing would ever seem to change.

Yet in the last 100 years we've gone from horse-drawn buggies competing with brand-new horseless carriages to spaceflight, Pony Express to internet, gas lanterns to LED's, books to DVD's, camphor oil and tincture of laudanum to monoclonal antibodies for rheumatoid arthritis. We live in interesting, rapidly-changing times.

We love our community and our way of life. We're happy, friendly people who love, judge slowly, accept quickly, and all share a passion. Perhaps we should celebrate the expansion of our community, rather than lamenting the loss of an "us against the world" feeling.

Oh, we've had arguments, growing pains, spammers, and all the problems of any community of this sort...but we're still here and I, for one, still love it.

HOP is a growing community of people. It's our way of living and we love it. So I celebrate the growth from a teensy BB of maybe 200 people in 2001 to the monstrosity it is today.

I'm member 298. I was new once, and I was welcomed with open arms.

...And I say, WELCOME, ALL!!! Welcome to our home! Enter with open arms and we'll recieve you in kind!

hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Doc You're so gorgeous! hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
The only thing that stays the same is the fact that people keep starting "Hop Has Changed" threads.

Irony.

I think folks said some better stuff on some of the other threads. Do a search and you'll find some quality reflection on it.

And I think I started hitting my first "Hop has changed" moment about the time you started Goth... So I guess that means someone right now is joining and starting the cycle again. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hug Thank you i will hug

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
HoP has changed.... NYC never comes to my house any more. frown

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'd found a better place to stay in Edinburgh. ubblove wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i know wink

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

or is it just me?
When i fist joined every one was like a family, lots of support, views imputted but i can never remember it being so stressed. I used to enjoy the thought of coming on line, seeing what has been posted and joining in. It seems that nearly every thread has far too much grrr than needed. people show different views and others get offended and things just start getting nasty.
Maybe it is just me and when i joined was blinded by the newness of it all but in all honesty i miss the 'old' HOP and all of the people i considdered friends. frown

hey you
long time no speak
how are you hun hug

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Page: