Page: ...
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
!! NOW !!

sunny 2UberOz sunny

the second Australian Uber Event....Fri 24 - Sun 26 August 2007

sunny Where?

2UberOz will be held in Brisbane, Australia.

At a large airy school rec hall that opens onto playing fields, with cosy social space at the scout hall next door. Plenty of camping/van space. 15mins from city centre, a few mins from rail, bus, shops etc.

sunny Who? What?

Teachers so far include:

**YUTA** (Tokyo poi ninja) with his partner, Asuka, a trained contemporary dancer

**Dave Knox(ious)** (FlameOz etc...)

**aBlazin' Grace Billings** (FlameOz & Beijing Circus school!)

**Kyle McLean** (www.everyoneishappy.com) with a slithery team of contact movers and groovers

**Matt 'Wibbler' Terry** (Sphercular Vision)

**madjuggling Mark Douglas** (Sydney Juggling Convention)

** Davy Sampford (Circa)

** Trickswap sessions on hoops, contact juggling, etc hosted by participants

sunny clap YAY clap sunny

As well as Uberclasses in poi, staff and other juggly toys... there will be a strong theme around movement, choreo and self expression. Lots of seriously fun group movement sessions, interactive VJing and party time so come on up/down/over/under for a wicked weekend.

sunny how much?

Prices range from

$ AUD 120

to

$ 50,000 at the door (we want you to pre reg...)

Price includes camping, workshops, fuel. Also, yummy lunches, to save you time, money and energy. biggrin

sunny Booking

PM me with your email address and I will send you a rego form directly.

More info is at the UberEvents website

See you there!

ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ok how are offers of lifts like for eager melbournite arrivals? me (and hopefully my lubbly girl) intend to arrive at 10 AM on the friday of the festival... smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jarle

Is it cool if I pay when I get there? work recently got a new payroll system and it hasn't been sorted out yet.

eek

Crikey, I hope they can sort it out by August!! Prepayment is definitely helpful, even if it is just the week before...

Also, will I need to bring a tent?

Ideally, yes, if you want to camp onsite. We will have a few spares put up for interstaters though, so let me know if you will need one. (Anyone who can offer a spare, let me know!)

Bedding too.. it can be chilly here at night in August. Not always 40° in Brisbane! wink

If anyone would prefer a billet (staying with someone) let me know. Camping's not everyone's thang.

smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Bender: if you are arriving in the daytime then the train is the very easy option... Airport Domestic to Gaythorne.

Trains leave at 10.30 and 11 and it will take 45 mins from the time you get on one to walking in our door... smile

Here is the online timetable link

Otherwise PM Gita directly if you like TOTALLY need a lift...

6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Hey Bender: if you are arriving in the daytime then the train is the very easy option... Airport Domestic to Gaythorne.
Here is the online timetable link
The venue is about 3 minutes walk from the station. smile
Otherwise PM Gita directly...

hi newgabe, i've pm'd gita already - and although the venue is a short 15 minute walk with backpack & toys from gaythorne station, it's all the navigating the two city train loops and messing around that i'd like to avoid. I was asked to buy 2 train tickets just to leave the airport! my stay in brissy will be so short that arranging better transport will make a lubbly difference.
(it could be worse - peak hour melb trains are a colossal mess!!)

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep fairy nuff. (train really is very easy though. There is a change of trains but it's on the same platform...) It's a bit pricey is the thing I object to. No doubt Gita will sort you out... smile

Anyone else booking flights.. arrive at the same time as Bender and score a lift!

wink

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Haha, I still get paid, it just means I have to be a bit careful with money because I don't know when I get paid these days. I can pay for my ticket in the next few weeks if you'd like - we'll have to sort out the proper details.

About the tent - I'm fine bringing my own bed gear, tent etc but would prefer to crash on someones couch if they're willing to put up with me angel2

I'll post up arrival details when I know them!

Kupo!

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Hiya ALL!
Sorry i took a vacation from everything, but i'm back!

On that note, lovely Gabe... money and details have been sent! And should be waiting patiently in your account/inbox for collection (if they aren't, tell me and i'll have strong words with them)

Wonderful Gita! I am reporting to you for driving detail if you would like some help? If you would like someone to ease your driving worries...we'll organise it a little closer to the date (i usually don't have classes on friday but uni might surprise me this semester) but i can at the very least carry a few ppl in my little car, but most likely i can nick off with something that can carry as many firetwirlers that are likely to arrive at the airport at any one time (4-6 twirlers plus me driving... depends on luggage)

As for Billet. I live with my parents...but i'm sure they wont mind too much if some people stay the weekend if they have notice.
So if you're desperate for billet IM me. Otherwise i can spare a 2(it says three but 2 normal people) person tent and/or airmattresses/other sleeping needs for people from overseas who would like to camp but don't want to carry camping stuff on plane,trains, and or automobiles.

Gabe if theres anything you'd like help with/ think that i could provide call/IM me... always gald to help out!

*mad grin* i can't wait!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

would prefer to crash on someones couch if they're willing to put up with me angel2

Yep, I have a billet for you smile

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I had hoped to come to this, but it turns out I'm going to Burning Man after all...I just couldn't resist the peer pressure.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Burning Man! A very reasonable excuse Khan! There are a few lovelies from last year's UberOz who will be there... BurningDan and JIll Maglio for a start... have a wonderful time!!!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:

Haha, I told my parents (I still live at home) about this, they're scared that s/he's gonna be a pedophile - until I pointed out that I'm out of that age range.

I now have enough money for a ticket, whoo! Will hopefully be booking flights within the next week or so.

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

they're scared that s/he's gonna be a pedophile

I don't actually have a question on the rego form about people's sexual preferences, so there's not a lot I can say about that except... eek Random!!!!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hmm...so far we have four drivers & only two passengers!! ubblol

i'm sure there will be a flood of posts & pm's about lifts needed when it gets a bit closer to 2uberoz though... ubblol

bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Howdy! Just thought I'd pop in to say that UberParis was fantastic!! And I cant's wait to see the uberness continue. biggrin biggrin
Yeah! go global spinning community!
Major thanks and REspect to Rob hug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Better late than never...
*Super 2uberOz sneak preview*
Enjoy:

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow! kyle, your production will make a lot of people happy!!!

larvalablocita
20 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey Spinny Kids,
Kinda new at tha posting though I've secretly been reading for years now. Finally decided to come out of the woodworks to play!
Wanna come to Uberoz! I have a friend who also wants to come but she's new to the whole fire thang. Will the workshops be too advanced for her?
I'm definately coming so can you please hold a tix for me. I'm booking flights from sydney as soon as you say yes! Oh and I'll fill out the rego thingy too!

Yah Ed! I'm coming!!!! Dean's not cause he's been a piker - tell him he has to come!

Anyway can't wait to dance and play contact wif ya all!
Woot!

Jules bounce2

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey , you did it! You made everybody happy!
Except Grace wants me to correct something.. she only did ONE year in Chinese circus school! My bad, she good!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
the trailer got me so excited I actually checked out airfare and considered coming to this, and going to Burning Man straight from Oz...which would be a fun adventure, but I can't come to Australia just for a weekend. But I considered it!

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
awesome video kyle!! clap

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: larvalab

Wanna come to Uberoz! I have a friend who also wants to come but she's new to the whole fire thang. Will the workshops be too advanced for her?
I'm definately coming so can you please hold a tix for me. I'm booking flights from sydney as soon as you say yes! Oh and I'll fill out the rego thingy too!

Well, OK Jules: it's a Yes then!!! ubblol Go book tickets!!
and welcome

I hold places once I have received a rego form: there's one on www.uberevents.org. Also, as places are limited, I am asking for payment (or a grovelling email re why not) by the end of July. I suspect there will be a waiting list by then...

For your friend, she has two months to practice! Workshops ARE intermediate to advanced but it is such a hard thing to predict people's levels by time since they first picked up. If your friend has good basics and enthusiasm and is ready for some challenging inspiration, she will love it. Otherwise she will cry and we will laugh at her. (sorry, bad Gabe spank)
wink

Fire is not essential. A lot of people there will have a burn after hours or at the party but it's by no means compulsory.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: larvalab

Yah Ed! I'm coming!!!! Dean's not cause he's been a piker - tell him he has to come!

biatch! spank im going to have to fly down to sydney to slap him! or maybe a phone call would be easier... devil

look forward to seeing you soon julez. hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
booking my flights today/tomorrow for this and CG biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

6,978 posts

Posted:
are there any twirlers passing through melb on the way to uberoz that could transport my firetoys? I'm happy to make it worth the responsibility!
b

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'll be leaving Melbourne on Thursday, though I'm yet to book flights - I'd be happy to take your stuff along with mine!

On a related note, I heard that the best way to transport fire poi on planes is in ziplock bags and not in your personal luggage - is this correct?

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I have never heard of anyone having a problem taking poi on planes in their luggage. Obviously, don't have any fuel on them: they can be given a quick wash with hot water and washing up liquid if necessary.. dry in the sun for a day.. pop em in plastic bags if you like... but don't carry them in your hand luggage in case someone gets weird about them at the scanner.

I suspect Bender might have meant in a car, Jarle... his toys might be a little...fan-tastic ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey there

What's the interest in a contact juggling workshop?
Seeing that Ubers are not intended to have beginner's classes...that would be intermediate level... byo balls....

6,978 posts

Posted:
i *always* bring my own balls.
Now what's juggling?
ubbangel

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
What's juggling? ubblol

*Come to Brisbane and we will teach you*

Austrian accent optional...

(This vid is so dang good it deserves another outing wink )

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hello lovelies, I was intending on coming to uberoz, and booked my plane ticket and everything when jetstar were having a super cheap sale. however I've only just found out that I've got my final set of hospital rounds for my nursing degree that will clash with the weekend. Because they are the final ones I really don't want to be taking days off.

Soooo...if there are any melbourne people wanting a plane ticket to brisbane that departs friday morning and returns the sunday evening of the uberoz weekend, I wouldn't mind passing it onto someone. If you feel like giving me some money for it, that'd be cool, but i guess that can be worked out once somebody says they're interested.

I'm not sure what the go is with ID with things like that. domestic flights don't seem to need any sort of identification. but i'll look into it.

the problem is that the plane seat will be next to bender, and he'll probably try to talk to you, and a plane ride can become mighty long when you're stuck talking to someone of bill's type. some earplugs could prove a handy investment though biggrin

Page: ...