Forums > Social Chat > Signs of Returning Health

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey all. The weather is finally cracking here, and while it can't make up it's mind between winter or summer, we have some really nice days finally. So I have been going out walking. There is this great park near here with this sprawling trail, so I try to walk it at least everyday, if not every other. You know, the speed walky thing for fitness (I save my strolls for walking with loved ones). Anyway...I made it today.

2 miles in less than 30 minutes!

Now, I know that this may not be exciting for most of you but it is HUGE for me concidering that half a year ago I thought I was going to die if I walked the length of two small houses on the sidewalk out front, and it took me 20 minutes to do that! My breath capacity is growing and my strength is returning, along with my stamina and endurance.
I ended my walk with such an ENORMOUS smile today, I am sure the people who passed me must've thought I was a little touched in the head (well, I am but that is beside the point!).

I also want to thank everyone (Maelstrom, Cass, Lightning, Cantus, Charles, Flash Fire, etc...)who has been so supportive not only after my accident but these past 8 months of recovery. I have been a total nutjob and borderline manic half the time. Thank you for understanding and putting up with me anyway!

Most especially my heartfelt eternal gratitude goes out to Malcolm and family, Djinn and Prometheus for all you have done, I only hope someday that I can offer back to you the love and support you have given me. And to PWB there really are no words.
You all have made this much easier that it could've been. When I get down I hear you in my head pushing me on!
to all

Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
That's awesome, Pele! Hooray for you!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Wow ! your got a strong heart.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yes, Pele, but you're OUR nutjob and borderline manic, and we love you for it. So don't you ever change!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
These updates are inspiring Pele, I'm glad you're really starting to feel better! Your Perseverance is a positive example to all of us.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Awwww, shucks...

Right back atcha, babe!

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Congrats, Pele!

Keep it up.

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!