Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I just discovered the wonders of Facebook. I've found Stroo and Flameboy on there but I'm wondering if anyone else uses it? If not, go get on there now smile

[Edit] Link fixed [/Edit]

EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1165777565)

Cake or Death?

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
FRD: if by plugging you're thinking the same sexual innuendo that I'm thinking of - then perhaps wink

But I'll refrain from any more for the sake of the girlie, even though she knows I won't leave her for a man ubblol

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
couldnt find you PK frown

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
found you though jo wink xx

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
I used to be on facebook, then i saw the light.

Its a place for huge amounts of information gathering as people post all their personal information on there, their addresses, likes, jobs, what they are up to at the weekend, when they are off on holidays etc.

There have been cases of identity theft resulting from the gathering of information off facebook. It has been in the newspapers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=471321&in_page_id=1879

Along side google, facebook has a very bad privacy policy regards information and for this reason i took myself off it.

If you try to delete your account, you will find there is no option to do this. There is a deactivate account option, but if you go back to the login page and enter your login details, your account will reactivate exactly how you left it when you deactivated.

I went through a long and tedious process of numerous emails between the facebook staff and myself and finally got my account deleted. I have to physically delete everything in my account 1 by 1, all the wall posts, friends, photos etc, which took absolutly ages.

Granted it is good for renewing old friendships and keeping in touch, but at what cost? Personally i dont think its worth it.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
but then you'd have to be rather stupid to put all of your personal information on a site like that with out reading all of the privacy policies and site rules first.

Not a brain scientist... but even that would have been obvious not to do without reading any thing... would you trust any one with that kind of information other than your self?... i doubt it... so why would you post it....

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
You would be suprised by the amount of stupid people out there who dont think!

How many people read the rules/terms and conditions before clicking i agree? I would say not that many really. This goes for any terms and conditions for anything you sign up for or any program you install on your computer etc. They are usually way too long and time consuming to read. I know i dont read the whole thing.

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
Its a shame that there are always other money making agendas with sites like this.
The internet has moved on in leaps and bounds from its early days and is no where near as 'safe' as it used to be.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
anyone who wants to steal the identity of a 20-something with can't afford to pay her own rent and who is doing only mediocre at uni is an idiot wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I was incredibly shocked to see this on facebook when searching for poi groups. ubblol

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
hahaha. Angry teenagers and people with nothing better to do than moan. "Now 'Flaming Poi Poi Spinning' is where it's at! Not only is there the possibility that the spinner could grossly disfigure themselves, but there's always the chance it could snap off and cause a cataclysmic chain of events that could end the world as we know it. Maybe."

Oh come on, it's got a bloody group or 10 for everything. Let them play. They're making a group about how horrible and attention-seeking poi is, in an attempt to get attention for their dislike on facebook. *Yawn.*

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

scoshBRONZE Member
non stop uber rocking electro rock party
122 posts

Posted:
that is shocking. i recon thats sum1 who tried and gave up when they hit themself for sure smile

"im quite depressed, im quite a mess, so beat me up, beat me down, mess me up beyond all recognition"

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
that group is stupider than fundamental christians...oops, did I say that? ubbangel

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poiboy

I was incredibly shocked to see this on facebook when searching for poi groups. ubblol

Wonder if Glass's sister knows that they are using one of her pieces of poi artwork???? if my memory serves me correctly that is of miss bachelor.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
facebook=lameside umm

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Facebook is about as safe as myspace, bebo, zooped etc. All very much of a muchness regards security and the standard of idiots you have frequenting the sites.

These days with the right net and computer knowledge most information is easily obtained ... it's scarey whats out there and what you can find out with only a little research.

As for the Poi group thing - naff 'em. I have mates who are into the same music as me, same sorta stuff, their response when I said I was doing Poi etc - "Poi's only for people in dance clubs where we go ....blahblahblah" cue several IMs, Emails, Blog posts of self-righteous "You can't do poi, it's only for us dance people" tosh.

They then came to rock club again again trying to be all pretentious and going hard-house clubbing to several rather attractive young women and a couple of a-typical heavy metal-esq guys spinning to summat like Tool I think.

I just figured my cohorts didn't have time/patience to learn anything and it was just one of those irrational hatreds people have. I get them too, just I'm on the receiving end this time!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So one of my sisters had a falling out with my father and absolutely refused to let her two sons to ever meet me. I've met them once, back when they were 3 and 5. They're both out of college now.

Thanks to Facebook, I just found Matthew and Daniel. And they're happy to hear from me.

Wow... biggrin

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

So one of my sisters had a falling out with my father and absolutely refused to let her two sons to ever meet me. I've met them once, back when they were 3 and 5. They're both out of college now.

Thanks to Facebook, I just found Matthew and Daniel. And they're happy to hear from me.

Wow... biggrin

hug wow, thats awesome.

It's helped me find my boys again after years! smile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mike, that's AWESOME!! hug2

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Wicked! Happy for ya matey, that's really awesome!

Facebook - making hugs possible and letting people decide who they want to speak to (Without all that naff HTML getting in the way!)

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
could just turn off HTML... ? i do.. i hate that crap, people posting crap all over your page on myspazz.

kinda getting used to this facebook lark, but to be honest, i think tat it's a bit time consuming when you have to mess around signing up for things just for a laugh.

dunno... might just be my being anxious today, im a bit panicky this weekend...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Through facebook I got back in contact with my brother after many many years, and it has allowed me to see my niece and nephew for the first time...

...so it's not all bad smile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
See, blu understands what it's like! That's awesome, Blu! hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

anyone who wants to steal the identity of a 20-something with can't afford to pay her own rent and who is doing only mediocre at uni is an idiot wink

why??? They can still most likely open up credit card accounts in their name and go on big spending sprees, getting the poor uni student into heaps more debt....aside from the crippling student loan..

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
it would be pretty hard to open a credit card in the name of a person who seriously lacks the funds to be able to support a credit card.

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
it can be done. When i was a pooor student, i got credit cards shoved in my face by almost every card company. I opened 2 accounts, missed loads of payments, they made loads out of me and i would say students are one of their main targets.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
personally, I'd think that's more irresponsible than having a facebook account.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I personally agree with Rougie on this one!.

If any one could open a credit card with some one else's details... you'd still need a signature on the forms.. some one would have to be quite good to copy my squiggle.

jensterPLATINUM Member
57 posts

Posted:
i personally cant be arsed with this thread any longer. I have said what i think and the facts i know about facebook so that people can make their own minds up about whether to join or not, and to simply point out its not all as wonderful as everyone semms to be making it out to be.

As for saying its irresponsible to open a facebook account as Rouge makes out i am implying, well i did not say that at all. Yes it is irresponsible to open 2 credit card accounts, and miss some payments, but i bet a lot of you have one and most of your parents, who have also missed a few of their payments.

To address PK on copying peoples signatures .....why do you think we now have chip and pin?? Too many people were easily copying signatures on found cards and other peoples accounts too easily! If you are applying to open a new account, then you just make a new signature. When i opened mine, they didnt check it against any other signature of mine, which i think they should have.
EDITED_BY: jenster (1187698669)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Jenster, I think alot of it comes down to common sense.

If you're stupid enough to put your adress and such like on a social networking website then you deserve to be targeted!
Warnings about indentification fraud are pushed in our faces all the time, so you'd have to be living under a rock if you wernt at least somewhat savvy about the whole thing

You obviously have your gripe with facebook, and have done something about it.
Other people enjoy it and do so in a safe manner - let them!

hug

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Jen don't take me as if i have tried to attack you or call you for your opinion, you have every right to post your feelings and advice.

makes for good discussion and you do have good points.

I agree that on many occasions i haven't had my signature checked and also thought that that was wrong of them to do so.

Your not the only one to have had credit cards etcetera, I've been there too and i also ended up in trouble and got sent to debt collectors because of one of my ex partner and her sister who borrowed a lot of money from me... i made a wrong decision and thought that i could trust my family... if it wasn't for that then maybe i would not have any debt still... i know that has nothing to do with fraud or ID stealing but.. well you get the point.

Page: